Sophiepea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all,

This may seem a silly question but I’m sure someone can help me out...
If you start on a degree course in a January intake do you graduate at the same time as the September intake? I’m a little confused as to how it works and whether for the jan intake that it’s slightly condensed for year 1?
So for example if you started in Jan 2022 (as opposed to Sept/October 2021) would you graduate in the summer of 2024?

Any help would be much appreciated - thank you!
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sophiepea)
Hi all,

This may seem a silly question but I’m sure someone can help me out...
If you start on a degree course in a January intake do you graduate at the same time as the September intake? I’m a little confused as to how it works and whether for the jan intake that it’s slightly condensed for year 1?
So for example if you started in Jan 2022 (as opposed to Sept/October 2021) would you graduate in the summer of 2024?

Any help would be much appreciated - thank you!
No. The year is never condensed, you just finish the year later because you've started the year later.
Starting September 2021 does mean finishing the degree over the summer 2024, but for starting January 2022 you still take the same amount of time to complete the degree so finish Christmas 2024.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.36%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.53%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.41%
I'm really nervous (46)
18.7%

Watched Threads