millie673
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A tragic story with nothing to lighten the gloom.’
Is this a fair description of the parts of Aeneid 2 you have studied?
You should support your answer with a range of references to the parts of Aeneid 2 you have read.

What details in Virgil’s portrayal of the fall of Troy strike you as particularly tragic?
You should support your answer with a range of references to the parts of Aeneid 2 you have read.

‘War always brings out the worst in people.’
From your reading of Aeneid 2, to what extent do you agree?
You should support your answer with a range of references to the parts of Aeneid 2 you have read

can anyone help answer any of these latin 10 markers
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you got any thoughts on them at all?
millie673
Rep:
?
(Original post by becausethenight)
Have you got any thoughts on them at all?
yeah i have for a few off them but i dont think i have enough. this is what i have got so far

-Hecuba and her daughter huddled together like dovesdriven in a black storm helpless feel sorry for them

-Polites fleeing form the slaughter of Pyrrhus façade of maybe he will escape until Virgil points out he is wounded showing the audience that Polites has no chance in escaping

-Priams death – we knew from the minitu he through down his unwarlike weapon he was about to die.head torn from shoulder a body without a name he was once a proud ruler than suddenly he has no head shows his loss in identity after him being killed

-Creusa dying then turning into a ghost it was fate she had to die for Aeneas to progress and be more heroic even though her death was tragic it was destined to happen

-1 point to disagree talk about the heroism shown by aneas leading his family away from danger. Family togetherness come dear father. Little lullus will walk by him

What details in Virgil’s portrayal of the fall of Troy strike you as particularly tragic?

-The ring composition started with Priam’s seeing the fall of the city then we end with Priam seeing troy set on fire. Connects to Priam’s fall to the fall of his city and evokes pathos for him.
- he creates it as Tragic as Priam was once a proud ruler of Asia and saw the fall of troy and now,
he is a body without a name he has lost all identity
-Aeneas protecting his family in need he himself is sacred everything little thing frightened me but is still willing to protect his family
-Hecuba protecting her daughters feel sorry for them

From your reading of Aeneid 2 to what extent do you agree?

-Pyrrhus killing Polites burning Pyrrhus peruses show his violent nature and the terrible situation that Polites is in

-The death of Polites evoke sympathy towards priam bc even after the death of his son he was still angry

-Priams death very vivid descrition of his death Pyrrhus tell him to be a messenger to his father bascally telling him he is going to die

-Aeneas carrying his father on his back having his son next to him shows there together Priam’s willingness to protect his family

-Aeneas not wanting to hold the statues god until he has washed his hnads shows how much valially he has ?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by millie673)
yeah i have for a few off them but i dont think i have enough. this is what i have got so far

-Hecuba and her daughter huddled together like dovesdriven in a black storm helpless feel sorry for them

-Polites fleeing form the slaughter of Pyrrhus façade of maybe he will escape until Virgil points out he is wounded showing the audience that Polites has no chance in escaping

-Priams death – we knew from the minitu he through down his unwarlike weapon he was about to die.head torn from shoulder a body without a name he was once a proud ruler than suddenly he has no head shows his loss in identity after him being killed

-Creusa dying then turning into a ghost it was fate she had to die for Aeneas to progress and be more heroic even though her death was tragic it was destined to happen

-1 point to disagree talk about the heroism shown by aneas leading his family away from danger. Family togetherness come dear father. Little lullus will walk by him

-The ring composition started with Priam’s seeing the fall of the city then we end with Priam seeing troy set on fire. Connects to Priam’s fall to the fall of his city and evokes pathos for him.
- he creates it as Tragic as Priam was once a proud ruler of Asia and saw the fall of troy and now,
he is a body without a name he has lost all identity
-Aeneas protecting his family in need he himself is sacred everything little thing frightened me but is still willing to protect his family
-Hecuba protecting her daughters feel sorry for them

From your reading of Aeneid 2 to what extent do you agree?

-Pyrrhus killing Polites burning Pyrrhus peruses show his violent nature and the terrible situation that Polites is in

-The death of Polites evoke sympathy towards priam bc even after the death of his son he was still angry

-Priams death very vivid descrition of his death Pyrrhus tell him to be a messenger to his father bascally telling him he is going to die

-Aeneas carrying his father on his back having his son next to him shows there together Priam’s willingness to protect his family

-Aeneas not wanting to hold the statues god until he has washed his hnads shows how much valially he has ?
I mean, that seems like enough points?
Has your teacher given you guidance on how many points you need for a 10 marker and the level of detail needed (eg if you need to quote in Latin)? It's been quite a while since I did GCSE Latin but I can't imagine you'd need more than the 8 or so you have here, then it's just structuring it to make sure you can access all the marks. Looking at example essays from the exam board can help too?
millie673
Rep:
?
I mean, that seems like enough points?
Has your teacher given you guidance on how many points you need for a 10 marker and the level of detail needed (eg if you need to quote in Latin)? It's been quite a while since I did GCSE Latin but I can't imagine you'd need more than the 8 or so you have here, then it's just structuring it to make sure you can access all the marks. Looking at example essays from the exam board can help too?
well she says we should right 6 point per question and we dont have to quote the latin we just have to quote the english. The example esaays that we were shown dont go for my text so it a bit confusing
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well she says we should right 6 point per question and we dont have to quote the latin we just have to quote the english. The example esaays that we were shown dont go for my text so it a bit confusing
Okay, that's a good start - have you tried writing out an essay with 6 of these points, backed up by a quote in English, for her to mark? She can probably then give you more guidance.
I'd look at example essays not as a source of content but an example of essay structure - can you see how they embed quotes, how long each point is, how many points per essay etc?
millie673
Rep:
?
Okay, that's a good start - have you tried writing out an essay with 6 of these points, backed up by a quote in English, for her to mark? She can probably then give you more guidance.
I'd look at example essays not as a source of content but an example of essay structure - can you see how they embed quotes, how long each point is, how many points per essay etc?
i did a while ago and we went through it but i cant remember what she said. i need to get theses three question ready for Thursday as she will give us one of these questions.
i will try looking at example essays thanks
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i did a while ago and we went through it but i cant remember what she said. i need to get theses three question ready for Thursday as she will give us one of these questions.
Maybe worth writing it down next time Or see if rereading that essay kickstarts anything.
Example essays are often very helpful - also, writing this essay is still a learning opportunity, so make sure to get feedback
kettle02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, how did it go ??
millie673
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kettle02)
hey, how did it go ??
hey yeah it went pretty well i was pretty upset with the question i got out of the three but it went well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (51)
28.33%
England (63)
35%
Belgium (14)
7.78%
Germany (23)
12.78%
Spain (3)
1.67%