are my parents just brown or toxic

Watch
yourbutt205
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just generally asking, like can someone give me an example of when something is a bit over the top or not common in brown families. Like so I know if im ever overeacting in a situation or smthing
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yourbutt205)
Just generally asking, like can someone give me an example of when something is a bit over the top or not common in brown families. Like so I know if im ever overeacting in a situation or smthing
Just give us your situation if you can and we’ll tell you
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
okay so i didnt do this urgent chore a few days ago (because it wasn't my job) and my mum has been ignoring me since. And then I think she told my dad cos both have been just been mean and petty about everything. Like today she didn't call me down to get food and when i came around the time everything was finished....dw i just ate cereal but still that just felt a bit ott
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
toxic
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
i think i should also add that I was talking back and did this *****y face
anonymous#192
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds kind of toxic tbh. Is this something that happens usually or are they particularly stressed at the moment? Also, did you try to explain that it wasn’t your job? Who’s job was it? If it was a sibling’s then they should have no reason to be annoyed with you but if it was something that they usually do but that they had asked you to do maybe try apologising for not doing it and see how that goes?
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
this is not a usual thing but its just been pulling on for long, they weren't really stressed either, everythings okay. I tried to explain but we just argued - it was my siblings job. This is why I cant tell if its toxic cos this happens rarely but when it does its long and frustrating
Last edited by yourbutt205; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
okay so i didnt do this urgent chore a few days ago (because it wasn't my job) and my mum has been ignoring me since. And then I think she told my dad cos both have been just been mean and petty about everything. Like today she didn't call me down to get food and when i came around the time everything was finished....dw i just ate cereal but still that just felt a bit ott
my mum does this too lol, pretty sure it’s a toxic behaviour
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
this is not a usual thing but its just been pulling on for long, they weren't really stressed either, everythings okay. I tried to explain but we just argued - it was my siblings job. This is why I cant tell if its toxic cos this happens rarely but when it does its long and frustrating
is your sibling a boy? if so then pls i RELATE. the gender inequality in this house dates back to the 1900’s man
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
is your sibling a boy? if so then pls i RELATE. the gender inequality in this house dates back to the 1900’s man
yeah it a boy lol XD
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
my mum does this too lol, pretty sure it’s a toxic behaviour
good to know im not the only one =).
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
yeah it a boy lol XD
yeah sigh, i’m the youngest and my oldest brother is 30 something and my other brother who lives with me is 22. My mum STILL cleans behind them and makes ME do things for them like wash their dishes or clean his room. It gets on my nerves because they’re babied for what reason? ugh let me not even talk about it before i get angry.
anonymous#192
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah it a boy lol XD
My parents act the same with me (oldest of 3, but all girls so not as extreme I don’t think). Is he younger?
yourbutt205
Rep:
?
yeah sigh, i’m the youngest and my oldest brother is 30 something and my other brother who lives with me is 22. My mum STILL cleans behind them and makes ME do things for them like wash their dishes or clean his room. It gets on my nerves because they’re babied for what reason? ugh let me not even talk about it before i get angry.
omg lol i feel so bad for u. Its not that bad for me. My parents are low-key sexist but wanna appear modern and stuff so wont be outright unjust. My parents will just be more biased when it comes to stuff. Like generally its me and my sister cleaning and he is let off more. It could be cos he's the only son and **** but they still are wayyyy to leniant
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok wtf
sparklezparklez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
omg lol i feel so bad for u. Its not that bad for me. My parents are low-key sexist but wanna appear modern and stuff so wont be outright unjust. My parents will just be more biased when it comes to stuff. Like generally its me and my sister cleaning and he is let off more. It could be cos he's the only son and **** but they still are wayyyy to leniant
Gurl I dont know how to say this except that you being made into a housewife, now i'm not brown but is your culture really ✨valid✨, like really really ✨valid✨ enough to be domesticating you like this. I dunno girl if it were me I wouldn't
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Stop confusing race with culture. Being "brown" is not the same as associating yourself with a specific culture. Get it right.
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think race could ever really be an excuse for mistreating your children.
sparklezparklez
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop confusing race with culture. Being "brown" is not the same as associating yourself with a specific culture. Get it right.
Why is it called "Black Culture" then. Thats on PERIODT
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
pls my parents are highkey sexist lool i don’t understand my dad wants me to clean 24/7 and my mums already preparing me to be a housewife yet my dad tells me i’m not getting married till i finish uni? huh, pick one????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads