one week left til final exams

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i suppose i just want some reassurance? the government has obviously messed up this year, and their last minute decisions meant my school essentially could only give us about a 3 week warning for what our tests would actually have. that plus my terrible mental health all throughout lockdown made it very difficult to revise.

i know i shoudve revised earlier anyway to get a head start but i could only bring myself to revise for one subject and even then it was more going over content than actually properly revising. now im a week before my final a level exams and ive not finished revision for a single subject. i want to do at least a few test papers but i cant do that without covering the content first because i want to give the tests a good shot, but the practice tests are 2hrs long and theres no way ill be able to cover them all if i still want to get content done.

and thats only bio and chem, ive got languages to revise for too where i need to study vocab and literature texts and then ive got my fourth subject that im essentially winging at this point. ive been aiming for a*s all year, but things when downhill so fast with covid (and trust me, im anything but a lazy person, but i also have crippling adhd).. im just feeling incredible hopeless and not sure if im going to get the grades i wanted to so badly get. one week isnt a lot of time at all
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
doing practice tests is often more efficient than content+tests, relative the the hours you put in

when you do tests, firstly, you practice two things (the content and the actual exam), and secondly, its an active way of practicing the content whereas with just content revision its easier to find yourself distracted as you mentioned you did

if you go over a small handful of tests in reasonably tough conditions, that probably covers enough of the content that whatevers left is relatively little
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
doing practice tests is often more efficient than content+tests, relative the the hours you put in

when you do tests, firstly, you practice two things (the content and the actual exam), and secondly, its an active way of practicing the content whereas with just content revision its easier to find yourself distracted as you mentioned you did

if you go over a small handful of tests in reasonably tough conditions, that probably covers enough of the content that whatevers left is relatively little
thank you im going to start that after today, hopefully i can manage to cover everything on time
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im going to start that after today
whatever reason you've got to avoid starting in the off-moment of today is likely procrastination

you've been warned
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30%
No (49)
70%

Watched Threads