Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm in Year 12 and I'm planning to do an English degree, followed by a teaching certificate. However, I was considering doing a gap year to gain experience working with children and ensuring that teaching would be right for me (I would do something different after my English degree if not). I also want to be able to take a break from my education for a year after Year 13, which I know will be intense. I'm planning on either teaching English abroad, or doing Step Into the Gap via CAFOD, a Catholic charity, to work in a youth residential resort which I have attended and enjoyed being at before. I might be doing it with a friend, but that's yet to be determined. Should I go for it or not?
Last edited by Purplemonkeys; 1 month ago
Ahmedshabah1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont really think its a good idea, most universities will want you to have a genuine excuse to why you took 2 years off before entering university. I recommend just taking a year out after year 13 and figure everything out during your gap year
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahmedshabah1)
i dont really think its a good idea, most universities will want you to have a genuine excuse to why you took 2 years off before entering university. I recommend just taking a year out after year 13 and figure everything out during your gap year
Um that's what I mean. Taking a year out after Year 13...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads