Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ive received an offer to study at my dream medical school and I am so happy however I am a little worried about starting as I am currently on a gap year and feel I will struggle to adjust back to a school routine.
Does anyone have any tips for starting medical school and I know I shouldn't be feeling like this but in the back of my mind I feel like I am going to fail and struggle tremendously
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive received an offer to study at my dream medical school and I am so happy however I am a little worried about starting as I am currently on a gap year and feel I will struggle to adjust back to a school routine.
Does anyone have any tips for starting medical school and I know I shouldn't be feeling like this but in the back of my mind I feel like I am going to fail and struggle tremendously
Hello,

Though I can't offer you any advice on medical school, I also took a gap year before staring a very practical course at university. I just tried to remember that I had been at school for 18 years and only had one year off and found routine comes back like habit. Whilst medical school will be very practical and full time, you are still at university and so you can form your own independent routines and see what works best for you on your schedule.

Nerves are absolutely normal and self doubt can come with that so don't worry about that! Everyone will be in the same oat and finding their feet, your lecturers will want you to succeed and help integrate you in to a new experience. After all, they have been there once too!

Just remember to take each day as it comes, you are in control. If you have gained a place then they believe that you can do it os you should e very successful there.

Good luck!
Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (64)
30.05%
No (149)
69.95%

Watched Threads