alxnnxh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t like any of the accommodation Newcastle University has to offer, so would it be possible to book outside of the Uni or would I have to book through them - especially as seeing I would be an undergraduate?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
most universities don't require you to live in hall, much less a university managed hall
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alxnnxh)
I don’t like any of the accommodation Newcastle University has to offer, so would it be possible to book outside of the Uni or would I have to book through them - especially as seeing I would be an undergraduate?
Have you actually looked at all the accommodation? Surprised there is nothing that you like out of all the options available to you. What are you expecting?
Ackman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
don't make the mistake of going private in 1st year (your social scene will suffer trust me), lot's of international students who are either 2nd 3 and some even postgrad. There won't be many flat parties and you may even be grouped with them with 2nd and 3rd, years do you really think they will wan't to go out much (during the years that count). Uni Halls in Newcastle arent a hotel, after all you arent in surrey anymore, but for the sake of your mental health go halls first year, it's only one year and you will have a great time!!!
samcerse
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can contact the university’s accommodation team to ask about other possible options (like private halls) or just search student accommodation online, there is plenty of choice. I agree with @Ackman though, private accommodation is mostly filled with serious undergrad or postgrad students so the atmosphere might not be the same.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
There is a lot of good accommodation at Newcastle. Park View was great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (40)
36.7%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
8.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
3.67%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
26.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (17)
15.6%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
9.17%

Watched Threads