How to lose weight help!??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi! so I was wondering how to lose weight? I've been on a 1200 diet for a while now and progress is slowing....what are the best exercises to do to lose more weight?

thank you

(Edit: female, 16, 5 foot 4 and weigh 7 stone 8 pounds)
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Try doing some cardio exercises and you should also try lifting some weights as well if it’s possible. Try looking up some exercise videos on YouTube and then try doing them. Remember to start off slow and not put too much pressure on yourself at the start then slowly build up each day!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I lost about 20kg in a couple of months due to a calorie deficit, and have since generally maintained my weight around that figure by eating a diet as crap as my old one, but in smaller quantities.
Omgcobbly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you really need more than 1200 calories to be healthy, even if you're aiming to lose weight. if you can talk to a nutritionist so they can give you healthy meal plans, but maybe focus more on what you eat? more protein/veggies and less sweets/crisps etc help you to get healthier which could result in weight loss.

in terms of exercise, cardio is the fastest way to lose weight, thing running, cycling etc.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi! so I was wondering how to lose weight? I've been on a 1200 diet for a while now and progress is slowing....what are the best exercises to do to lose more weight?

thank you

You don't need to lose weight. Please don't try.

Maintain a good diet now, with fruits, vegetables, healthy carbohydrates, dairy products, proteins, all the great stuff. Your body will settle on the weight which is just right for you.

If you do feel compelled to lose more weight, do speak to your GP.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I just did a bmi calculation with those details and that would suggest that you are actually slightly underweight. I know that Bmi isn't always accurate so don't be alarmed but I really don't think you need to lose any weight
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I just did a bmi calculation with those details and that would suggest that you are actually slightly underweight. I know that Bmi isn't always accurate so don't be alarmed but I really don't think you need to lose any weight
Holy **** yeah. OP your weight is pretty much ideal for your height, hence why you're finding it difficult to lose weight.
BenTLad
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi! so I was wondering how to lose weight? I've been on a 1200 diet for a while now and
progress is slowing....what are the best exercises to do to lose more weight?

thank you

there is only one possible way to lose weight. That is through a calorie defecit. This simply means consuming less calories than you are intaking in a day. Your body naturally burns off around 1.8-2.2k calories based off age, gender and height. Use a TDEE calculator and type in all the relevant info you’ve provided to this forum. The TDEE calculator will show you your maintenance calories. This is how many calories you would have to consume each day to maintain weight. So eat 200-300 calories less than this and repeat this process consistently. As long as you are eating less calories than your maintenance you will 1000% lose weight. If by ‘1200 diet’ you mean calories, please up them. I imagine you feel very hungry and unsatisfied with that plan, hence you’ve posted this question for advice. That being said, you’re a completely healthy weight for your age, so I’d highly recommend that you don’t lose weight, but obviously it’s your choice so do what you feels best
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to gain muscle to look leaner at your weight.
anonymous#192
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you want to lose weight? According to your height and age you are already at the very very bottom of what you should weigh. If it’s a case of wanting to look ‘fitter’ walking/running would help build up a little bit of muscle to make you more toned but please don’t feel like you need to lose weight because if you continue to lose much more weight it will become unhealthy very quickly. The reason you’ve stopped losing weight as easily through eating 1200 calories per day is because you are already too light for your height and age. To be healthy you need closer to 2000-2500 calories per day. I know this may not be what you want to hear but I hope you do take into account your overall health when trying to lose any more weight
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads