Biology A level help!!!

Watch this thread
J3ss234
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need help. Icl I am failing in bio bad. I do exam questions and make notes and understand everything being taught to me at a time but its like when I am revising I forget how I understood it. Also I noticed its also the way I answer the questions to as I have a brief read of it (sometimes don't even understand it) and then answer the first thing that comes to my mind. Can anybody please please give any revision/study tips that may help me? Any ways or methods that you use to answer exam qs (in bio the mark schemes are specific)? Any resources in general that you guys have that you use to get maximum out of your revision?
username1340420
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
What I did was study, then do questions, then exam questions. I would go over what I learnt regularly say every few hours depending on its complexity.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by J3ss234)
I need help. Icl I am failing in bio bad. I do exam questions and make notes and understand everything being taught to me at a time but its like when I am revising I forget how I understood it.
I think you might need to just change the time at which you review it. I had similar problems and what I did was flashcards. This allowed me to like not forget easily. Have you tried it?

(Original post by J3ss234)
Also I noticed its also the way I answer the questions to as I have a brief read of it (sometimes don't even understand it) and then answer the first thing that comes to my mind.
This is how it goes. It’s called application. You’re meant to retrieve the information that you’ve learnt.
k8902
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey! What I usually do is make notes / understand key concepts first, then I do exam questions and do more in depth notes on the specific topics on which I lose marks. Biology mark schemes are sooo specific, so I think one of the best ways to do well is to really familiarise yourself with the types of questions they ask etc by doing loads of past paper questions. I found a couple YouTube channels which were really good at explaining topics (don’t remember the names but can find out if you need). The key thing is not to give up! I’m sure you’ll begin to understand how to answer exam qs as you do more and more of them. Good luck and feel free to pm if you need any help xx
qwerty098765432
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I got A* in A Level Biology In 2018.

The thing the helped me the most was understanding the command words (e.g. describe, explain, analyse, comment on) and practicing them.
I remember getting C's in my mocks, but I started scoring a lot high when I was able to predict the mark scheme.

Make sure you know the content. It might be helpful to create concise flowcharts for sequential processes like atherosclerosis. Keep practicing past papers too.

I cant offer any specific advice because I honestly don't remember too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads