Joyc3grac3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I am in year 10 which is the year I am basically starting GCSE course. I really want to become a midwife in the future but I feel like the GCSEs options Ive picked won’t really help. I have been think when I go college I could do health and social care but I am confused wether I’d have to do one A level/BTech or more than that. Whats your advice?
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So, I don't know too much about midwifery but here are my two cents anyway as they might help but if in doubt listen to someone who has/is doing midwifery over me.

If you were to do A-Levels then Bio, Chem and Health & Social care as your subjects or something like that (e.g. Psychology or maths instead of bio and chem). I don't know what BTechs there are for midwifery but they might be good to look in to.

Another option might be to looking into colleges as opposed to sixth form.

HOWEVER, enjoy year 10 and I would make the decision of the general area you want to go into during the summer.
Joyc3grac3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
So, I don't know too much about midwifery but here are my two cents anyway as they might help but if in doubt listen to someone who has/is doing midwifery over me.

If you were to do A-Levels then Bio, Chem and Health & Social care as your subjects or something like that (e.g. Psychology or maths instead of bio and chem). I don't know what BTechs there are for midwifery but they might be good to look in to.

Another option might be to looking into colleges as opposed to sixth form.

HOWEVER, enjoy year 10 and I would make the decision of the general area you want to go into during the summer.
I feel like Bio and Chem are not my strong suit😩
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Joyc3grac3)
I feel like Bio and Chem are not my strong suit😩
Fair enough! I don't what subjects are best for midwifery - so i just picked the ones that people usually pick if they want to be doctors 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%