HuntersShadow
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

So I was thinking about starting to write my personal statement (PGCE Secondary). I have some observational experience (4 days) and paid cover supervisor + LSA experience (8 days) and will probably get more before the end of term. I'm just wondering what else I can put on my personal statement? Two of my friends did Primary PGCE's and put down their volunteering in which they worked with children outside of the classroom environment. This was also suggested by my uni when I was there for undergrad. However (and especially at the moment), there is nothing local to me that offers this. Can anyone advise on this?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HuntersShadow)
Hi!

So I was thinking about starting to write my personal statement (PGCE Secondary). I have some observational experience (4 days) and paid cover supervisor + LSA experience (8 days) and will probably get more before the end of term. I'm just wondering what else I can put on my personal statement? Two of my friends did Primary PGCE's and put down their volunteering in which they worked with children outside of the classroom environment. This was also suggested by my uni when I was there for undergrad. However (and especially at the moment), there is nothing local to me that offers this. Can anyone advise on this?
Are you sure? Around me activities are restarting and planning is going ahead. Have you tried scouts, guides, local holiday clubs?
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HuntersShadow)
Hi!

Hi HuntersShadow

If you haven't already, I suggest that you register for free with Get Into Teaching. You will be allocated a personal adviser who is an experienced teacher who can help with your personal statement. They will read through it and make suggestions as well.

Register at https://adviser-getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/ or call 0800 389 2500 Monday to Friday 8.30 - 5pm.

Best of luck with your application.

Sue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads