Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yes i know i canr spell it
I have spasms in my feet
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a group of disorders that affect a person's ability to move and maintain balance and posture. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood. Cerebral means having to do with the brain. Palsy means weakness or problems with using the muscles.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
According to the NHS website, "Cerebral palsy is the name for a group of lifelong conditions that affect movement and co-ordination. It's caused by a problem with the brain that develops before, during or soon after birth."
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cerebral-palsy
BigShaq6969
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cakes are nice 9)
yes i know i canr spell it
I have spasms in my feet
Lmao, you spell it as 'cerebral palsy' not 'serebal plasey'.
It is a motor disability and affects a person's brain, affecting their ability to move.
'Palsy' refers to weaknesses in a person's muscles.
The NHS defines it as 'the name for a group of lifelong conditions that affect movement and co-ordination'.
Here's a video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5VNdy7_nIM.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
Last edited by BigShaq6969; 1 month ago
Cakes are nice 9
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a group of disorders that affect a person's ability to move and maintain balance and posture. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood. Cerebral means having to do with the brain. Palsy means weakness or problems with using the muscles.
thank you i think i should see gp
Cakes are nice 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by BigShaq6969)
Lmao, you spell it as 'cerebral palsy' not 'serebal plasey'.
It is a motor disability and affects a person's brain, affecting their ability to move.
'Palsy' refers to weaknesses in a person's muscles.
The NHS defines it as 'the name for a group of lifelong conditions that affect movement and co-ordination'.
yes i have dylexia you dont have to be rude
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hang on, let me just Google that for you. BRB.
Cakes are nice 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Hang on, let me just Google that for you. BRB.
it ok now lol
BigShaq6969
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't know you have dyslexia. I feel like such a bad person now.
I thought you just cba'd to type it correctly.
I'm so sorry for offending you.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you have 'cerebral palsy'?
The symptoms normally become noticeable during the first 2 or 3 years of a child's life. So I was wondering, how did the doctors miss such a serious illness?
BigShaq6969
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it ok now lol
Btw,
Symptoms can include:
Delays in reaching development milestones – for example, not sitting by 8 months or not walking by 18 months
Seeming too stiff or too floppy
Weak arms or legs
Fidgety, jerky or clumsy movements
Random, uncontrolled movements
Walking on tiptoes
A range of other problems – such as swallowing difficulties, speaking problems, vision problems and learning disabilities
The severity of symptoms can vary significantly. Some people only have minor problems, while others may be severely disabled.
I hope this helps.
Sorry once again for being so rude and incosiderate.
I was not aware that you are dslexic.
I hope my information helps.
If you need anything, please do not hesistate to contact me (via DM).
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
BigShaq6969
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, here's some more information on Cerebral Palsy (CP):
There's currently no cure for cerebral palsy, but treatments are available to help people with the condition be as active and independent as possible.
Treatments include:
Physiotherapy – techniques such as exercise and stretching to help maintain physical ability and hopefully improve movement problems
Speech therapy to help with speech and communication, and swallowing difficulties
Occupational therapy – where a therapist identifies problems that you or your child have carrying out everyday tasks, and suggests ways to make these easier
Medicine for muscle stiffness and other difficulties
In some cases, surgery to treat movement or growth problems
A team of healthcare professionals will work with you to come up with a treatment plan that meets your or your child's needs.
Outlook for cerebral palsy
Cerebral palsy affects each person differently and it can be difficult to predict what the outlook will be for you or your child.
Generally speaking:

Most children live into adult life and some can live for many decades.
the condition may limit your child's activities and independence, although many people go on to lead full, independent lives.
Many children go to a mainstream school, but some may have special educational needs and benefit from attending a special school.
The original problem with the brain does not get worse over time, but the condition can put a lot of strain on the body and cause problems, such as painful joints, in later life.
The daily challenges of living with cerebral palsy can be difficult to cope with, which can lead to problems such as depression in some people.
Scope is the main UK charity for people with cerebral palsy and their families. They can help deal with your issues and alleviate the problems caused by cerebral palsy.
I hope this helps.
Best Wishes,
BigShaq6969.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.61%
England (124)
33.24%
Belgium (29)
7.77%
Germany (40)
10.72%
Spain (8)
2.14%