Religious contradiction in the Quran?! - someone please clarify

Watch
GST1_m4n543
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Someone please help. I was reading the english translation of the chapter in the Quran called Surah Maryam (named after Mary the mother of Jesus) and I found it weird that they mention Mary to be "the sister of Aaron". We know that Aaron and Moses lived before Mary so why would the Quran mention her as that? I read online somewhere that apparently someone said Muhammad (pbuh) had got confused between Miriam who in the Bible is the sister of Moses and Aaron , whose father was named Amran (Imran in Arabic) and Mary the mother of Jesus. Someone please explain I am having doubts about the religion and my faith now
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GST1_m4n543)
Someone please help. I was reading the english translation of the chapter in the Quran called Surah Maryam (named after Mary the mother of Jesus) and I found it weird that they mention Mary to be "the sister of Aaron". We know that Aaron and Moses lived before Mary so why would the Quran mention her as that? I read online somewhere that apparently someone said Muhammad (pbuh) had got confused between Miriam who in the Bible is the sister of Moses and Aaron , whose father was named Amran (Imran in Arabic) and Mary the mother of Jesus. Someone please explain I am having doubts about the religion and my faith now
It's a different "Aaron" this "Aaron" is her brother and not Musa's
Last edited by the_pharaoh; 1 month ago
GST1_m4n543
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
It's a different "Aaron" this "Aaron" is her brother and not Musa's
Please elaborate. How is there two different Aarons?
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please elaborate. How is there two different Aarons?
I don;t understand why that's an issue? there just was wdym how?
GST1_m4n543
Rep:
?
I don;t understand why that's an issue? there just was wdym how?
The Quran doesn't make mention of Mary having a brother and neither does the Bible and Torah. We know the story from Islamic perspective that Imran (as) and the wife Imran (as) struggled to have a child (that what I was taught) and that Imran (as) passed away before the wife of Imran (as) could announce her pregnancy or something like that. She maid a vow that she would raise this child up in a place of worship thinking it would be a boy but then found it was a girl called her Mary or Maryam and kept her vow. She appointed a guardian Zechariah or Zakariya (pbuh) to help Mary. So if Mary had a brother why would not her mother appoint him instead of Zechariah (pbuh)? I am ber confused
Last edited by GST1_m4n543; 1 month ago
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The Quran doesn't make mention of Mary having a brother and neither does the Bible and Torah. We know the story from Islamic perspective that Imran (as) and the wife Imran (as) struggled to have a child (that what I was taught) and that Imran (as) passed away before the wife of Imran (as) could announce her pregnancy or something like that. She maid a vow that she would raise this child up in place of worship thinking it would be a boy but then found it was a girl called her Mary or Maryam and kept a her vow. She appointed a guardian Zechariah or Zakariya (pbuh) to help Mary. So if Mary had a brother why would not her mother appoint him instead of Zechariah (pbuh)? I am ber confused
Ok makes sense

http://www.islamjesus.ws/articles/gq...her-people.cfm

here as an explanation of 2 possibilities
GST1_m4n543
Rep:
?
Ok makes sense

http://www.islamjesus.ws/articles/gq...her-people.cfm

here as an explanation of 2 possibilities
Thank you bro. It's still a possibilitie and doesn't really clarify the issue much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed