Part time jobs for 14 year olds!

Watch
username4942066
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I'm 14 years old and I've been looking for a part time jobs to keep me busy as well as start saving for things, like a house and car, later on. Does anyone know any popular companies that hire people under 16 because a lot of places that I've looked at you have to be at least 16!

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by username4942066; 1 month ago
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No private company is going to employ a minor. It's jail bait.
username4942066
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
No private company is going to employ a minor. It's jail bait.
It is legal for 13-16 year olds to work a certain number of hours per week though.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
It is legal for 13-16 year olds to work a certain number of hours per week though.
Perhaps. But no one in their right mind is gonna want to deal with the costly legal ramifications. Think of it from the employer's perspective - an untrained and unexperienced underaged employee accuses an experienced adult employee of sexual misconduct. Nope - ain't nobody going near that. Jail bait.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
username4942066
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Perhaps. But no one in their right mind is gonna want to deal with that. Think of it from the employer's perspective - an untrained and unexperienced underaged employee accuses an experienced adult employee of sexual misconduct. Nope - ain't nobody going near that. Jail bait.
That's very true. I'm thinking of expanding my search into local, smaller businesses instead. Perhaps I'll have more luck there. Thanks for your help
hollyf24
Badges: 9
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
Hi everyone,

I'm 14 years old and I've been looking for a part time jobs to keep me busy as well as start saving for things, like a house and car, later on. Does anyone know any popular companies that hire people under 16 because a lot of places that I've looked at you have to be at least 16!

Thanks for your help.
I think for most businesses you need to be at least 16, especially handling money etc.

You could try seeing if any individual/smaller local cafes or shops would take you.
I also know some people who are 13/14 who wash dishes in pubs/restaurants.
Otherwise, there is babysitting, dog walking, paper round that you could try?

Get a CV written up and approach possible places and see if they have any vacancies.
Best of luck
username4942066
Rep:
?
(Original post by hollyf24)
I think for most businesses you need to be at least 16, especially handling money etc.

You could try seeing if any individual/smaller local cafes or shops would take you.
I also know some people who are 13/14 who wash dishes in pubs/restaurants.
Otherwise, there is babysitting, dog walking, paper round that you could try?

Get a CV written up and approach possible places and see if they have any vacancies.
Best of luck
Thanks for your reply! I'll have a look into your ideas!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (93)
28.53%
No (233)
71.47%

Watched Threads