Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend and i used to exchange our body measurements when we were younger but i told her i thought it was a bit weird to continue now that we are 15, she said okay and that we would no longer do that. But recently, she called me fat and said i would not have gotten to this stage if i were still sharing my measurements with her. I ignored her and went about my life ,which isn't hard because we don't go to the same school and only met up a once or twice a month. But then she showed up at my house and once questioned told me she was worried about me and that she came to check up on me, i was weirded out tbh because we weren't on good terms and she didnt tell me she was coming over. Then she said she was disappointed with me for feeling offended. i told her i woulndt have been offended if there were any truth to what she was saying, i have a bmi of 21 and i dont like that she was making it seem as if i was deathly obese and needed to be told how "fat" i was. Then she left. When she got home she started msging me long paragraphs about how she never meant to offend me and was just trying to offer help, i told her i didnt need her help and that i was busy, she told me she was doing me a favour for remaining in my life depsite my "ungratefulness", i told her if she wanted to cut ties she could do so, she replied with "ok lol stay a loner then" and i left it at that. Fast forward a couple months and i see her at my local supermarket, which i thought was weird because she lives outside of london, she looks at me and walks off. On the same day she msgs me and says she saw me at the shop, i told her i saw her too. She said she thinks our falling out was petty and that even if we wont be as close as before she wanted to atleast be on good terms, i agreed and told her that we did blow things out of proportion. Then she drops the bomb and tells me she is coming to my school.... she never came to the school and blocked me. But this morning she unblocked me to tell me that she has been depressed these few months and that she wants to end it all, i dont know what to tell her. Is it bad that i am writing this when i should be helping her?
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From evidence you’ve provided, it’s clear that if you try and “help her”, she’ll likely only **** around with you again. Also.... BMI 21??? Definitely not fat.
dmears55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JGLM)
From evidence you’ve provided, it’s clear that if you try and “help her”, she’ll likely only **** around with you again. Also.... BMI 21??? Definitely not fat.
yeah pretty sure that's the definition of healthy weight
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She’s not just weird, she’s insecure and manipulative. You’re doing well to be rid of her.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dmears55)
yeah pretty sure that's the definition of healthy weight
BMI isn’t really a great measure of how healthy you are as it doesn’t take into account body fat and muscle weight. Nevertheless, it provides a rough idea of how healthy you are, and there is absolutely no way that 21 is bad. Would you consider yourself physically fit? (I think a good measure at BMI 21 is if you can see any toned muscle on your body or not)
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes 21 BMI is healthy. Your friend is toxic btw, please ignore them. (If you really feel bad, then throw her a few words of encouragement and leave it at that.)
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She sounds toxic as hell and clearly emotionally manipulative. Advise her to seek help and be done with her.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're better off without her... She has some personal issues she clearly needs to sort out, its not fair for her to be pushing those insecurities onto you.

As for the threats she made today, do you know any of her family or mutual friends who you can make aware/ask to check on her?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JGLM)
BMI isn’t really a great measure of how healthy you are as it doesn’t take into account body fat and muscle weight. Nevertheless, it provides a rough idea of how healthy you are, and there is absolutely no way that 21 is bad. Would you consider yourself physically fit? (I think a good measure at BMI 21 is if you can see any toned muscle on your body or not)
I would consider myself pretty fit, i go to the doctor regularly and have never had health complications
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice everyone. I told her she should think things through, she went offline now
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She sounds really toxic so you need to block her forever and move on with your life.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the advice everyone. I told her she should think things through, she went offline now
All good, hope things work out well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (11)
42.31%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (3)
11.54%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
7.69%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (5)
19.23%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (2)
7.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads