What does my ex want?

Watch
Anon9812
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A few months ago me and my ex agreed to end a very messy relationship, it was a big relief because of how manipulative and selfish she was (I wasn't perfect myself)

A few days ago I got a request from her on Snapchat, I added her back the next day and asked her why she was trying to connect again, told her that I didn't want her to do this again and advised her to block me if she's not able to stop herself contacting me.

She said that she'd been drunk the night before and that's why she'd added me, I take that with a pinch of salt because she has a very big habit of compulsive lying. She also said she'd block me, then refused to block me and wouldn't say why. the conversation stopped there. I've avoided sending her any texts since.

What are we thinking? Was she actually drunk or trying to play some kind of game again.
Last edited by Anon9812; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I think she’s lonely and thinking about when you two were still together. Maybe she wants to reconnect but has a hard time wording her feelings because of her pride
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At least she hasn’t said or done anything of any real substance. If you don’t want to hear from her to the point of suggesting she blocks you, you could very reasonably think about blocking her.

It’s hard to know what she wants, and especially hard for us as strangers from the internet But it’s probably best to not even speculate about it, and just put her and the whole thing behind you and move on.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why does she need to block you? If you dont want her contacting you, you should be the one blocking her. No reason to keep her added if you're not going to message.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you've already asked her and she's told you. Why are you still obsessing over it? Ignore, block and move on. Seems like neither of you are able to do this so perhaps you are perfect for each other after all.
Anon9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Foxehh)
Why does she need to block you? If you dont want her contacting you, you should be the one blocking her. No reason to keep her added if you're not going to message.
I didn't say she needs to, I told her that if she can't stop herself from contacting me then maybe it would be best if she blocks me. I wasn't in contact with her at all since the relationship ended.
Anon9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
It sounds like you've already asked her and she's told you. Why are you still obsessing over it? Ignore, block and move on. Seems like neither of you are able to do this so perhaps you are perfect for each other after all.
Eh no, I asked her why she didn't want to block me and she refused to tell me. Hence why I left the conversation.
Anon9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
At least she hasn’t said or done anything of any real substance. If you don’t want to hear from her to the point of suggesting she blocks you, you could very reasonably think about blocking her.

It’s hard to know what she wants, and especially hard for us as strangers from the internet But it’s probably best to not even speculate about it, and just put her and the whole thing behind you and move on.
I stopped replying and removed her, if she wasn't going to be honest with me about it then I see no reason to talk to her.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon9812)
I stopped replying and removed her, if she wasn't going to be honest with me about it then I see no reason to talk to her.
Yup, that sounds like a good decision and a good mindset to be in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (90)
28.57%
No (225)
71.43%

Watched Threads