Made fun of because of my watch

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Some guys were taking the piss saying that it's a role and all that being sarcastic then went where did I get that a car boot sale. Someone said that I need to get to get rid of this watch before I get a job or people are going to take the mick out of me at work and I just dont like it. I didnt do anything, people just noticed I had a different watch so they pointed it out and it went from there. It just gets me upset because people just judge you and stuff. People are so judgemental, I feel like sometimes I have to buy more expensive stuff just because of people judging me or I have to do certain stuff because of judgemental people or to look better.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ignoring them is the best thing to do. They most likely just want your attention
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Some guys were taking the piss saying that it's a role and all that being sarcastic then went where did I get that a car boot sale. Someone said that I need to get to get rid of this watch before I get a job or people are going to take the mick out of me at work and I just dont like it. I didnt do anything, people just noticed I had a different watch so they pointed it out and it went from there. It just gets me upset because people just judge you and stuff. People are so judgemental, I feel like sometimes I have to buy more expensive stuff just because of people judging me or I have to do certain stuff because of judgemental people or to look better.
One thing you have to learn in life is to not give a damn what anyone else thinks unless it helps you grow. Be who you are it's the most powerful thing we humans have-own it and you will be who you are.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Ignoring them is the best thing to do. They most likely just want your attention
That's what I tried but the whole year they are partly to blame for making my whole college year miserable for me

(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
One thing you have to learn in life is to not give a damn what anyone else thinks unless it helps you grow. Be who you are it's the most powerful thing we humans have-own it and you will be who you are.
I think it's common to worry what people think
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel like sometimes I have to buy more expensive stuff just because of people judging me or I have to do certain stuff because of judgemental people or to look better.
You literally don't mate, no matter what you do in this life someone's always going to have a snide remark to make about it, better you learn to stop caring now so you don't have the same issue 10 years down the line.
cherioki
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
honestly those people who think that expensive things are important are most likely very insecure about something else in their lives and they think fancy things can cover that up or make up for it. if you're happy with what you have then that's all that matters, I very very rarely buy anything expensive and I'm very happy that I can save my money for the important things. remind yourself that that's what you're doing too and if other people wanna waste their money for some false sense of pride, then the jokes on them. do what you're content with
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's what I tried but the whole year they are partly to blame for making my whole college year miserable for me

I think it's common to worry what people think
Yeah of course it's common but you can choose who to listen to.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like typical teenage / school stuff. You keep doing you and when you're older no one is gonna give a ****. If you happen to meet these kids later in your adult life, they'll probably feel like pricks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (70)
30.57%
No (159)
69.43%

Watched Threads