The Student Room Group

Do women agree to a plan with no intention of going?

Just a question, do women normally make a plan with you with no intention of following with it?

Eg we agree a date and time to do something and they say yes with no intention of not actually going? So it’s not just an idea the plan is actually in motion sort of thing. I know you might say it depends on the person but does the average person do this?
meh sometimes. Sometimes when i make the plan i’m like wooo yeah gonan be so fun but the next day i’m like ugh i cba going i’m tired already.

If it’s with my bestfriend, we both think the similarly so we’ll both say oh i cba and cancel it but if it’s with others then i’ll probably go through with it.

but yeah it depends and i rarely go out, i rather stay home but i can’t speak for everyone
(edited 2 years ago)
to box in 3.5 billion people is of course, a gross generalisation.

for me personally, I will only spend my time with someone if I want to, or if I have made the commitment to. I won't make a plan if I don't plan on going. But then again...depends person to person and isn't a 'woman thing'! :yep:
Sometimes people can feel socially pressured into saying yes to things that they don’t actually want to do. Or alternatively, sometimes people think they want to do something but then realise later they don’t actually want to do it or they don’t feel like it on the day. There’s nothing wrong with doing those things and women don’t have a monopoly on them.
Reply 4
Where alcohol is involved or there is other things going on in the background that you’re not aware of then you can trust very little. You have to become streetwise and even then you get some surprises
Yeah i think people can be on the fence but say yes and hope they get more into it when the time comes, which doesn't always happen.

I think saying yes when you have 0 intention to go is wrong. You shouldn't mess people about like that.

Best way to avoid that is to make plans with little pressure and suggest it casually with plenty of room to say no until you are more comfortable with each other. But even when my friends get flaky last minute it pisses me off, it's fine if we cba sometimes but it's selfish to waste other people's time. I've had so many friends waste my time and think nothing of it which i think isn't a good friend
Reply 6
Original post by parmezanne
to box in 3.5 billion people is of course, a gross generalisation.

for me personally, I will only spend my time with someone if I want to, or if I have made the commitment to. I won't make a plan if I don't plan on going. But then again...depends person to person and isn't a 'woman thing'! :yep:

Not really a women slander thing, it’s just a question about women’s thought process. Not everything is a attack on a gender
Just like guys, some women can be impulsive and then regret whatever meetup or promise they have agreed to.
There are also quite a few habitual ghosters, scam artists and catfishes on most dating & social media sites.
Original post by Anonymous
Not really a women slander thing, it’s just a question about women’s thought process. Not everything is a attack on a gender

I understand - however, the thread is specifically about a negative trait associated with women. As I said, there are billions of women, and thought process isn't inherently linked with what you identify as. It just depends on the person who you are referring to and if they are usually like that with people :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
Just a question, do women normally make a plan with you with no intention of following with it?

Eg we agree a date and time to do something and they say yes with no intention of not actually going? So it’s not just an idea the plan is actually in motion sort of thing. I know you might say it depends on the person but does the average person do this?

I would never make a plan with anyone if I did not have the intention of following through with it. In my eyes its just basic etiquette to stick to your word and if you don't it is just plain rude. If I didn't want to go I would just say thanks for the offer but I'm not up for it etc. Dishonesty is gross so people should be more upfront about these things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending