karinadp222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really interested in fashion design as a career and I have to pick my a-level options soon. I love to be creative but not really into painting or drawing. But i love textiles and design so will the a levels textiles, photography and law be ok to apply for a fashion uni course at a place like CSM or should i do A level Art?
KittyCullen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Textiles will no doubt be fine on its own! I really suggest choosing A-Levels you enjoy because the work load (especially for Art or Textiles) does really step up - I did A-Level art and absolutely loved it so didn’t mind spending my time working on it. If you did both textiles and art you will struggle with the balance - I did both art and graphic design and always found I was spending more time on one over the other. If you get a good grade in Textiles it will defo help when you apply to uni or future jobs! Good Luck!
Last edited by KittyCullen; 1 month ago
karinadp222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by KittyCullen)
Textiles will no doubt be fine on its own! I really suggest choosing A-Levels you enjoy because the work load (especially for Art or Textiles) does really step up - I did A-Level art and absolutely loved it so didn’t mind spending my time working on it. If you did both textiles and art you will struggle with the balance - I did both art and graphic design and always found I was spending more time on one over the other. If you get a good grade in Textiles it will defo help when you apply to uni or future jobs! Good Luck!
thank you so much for your reply! Helped me alot
IzzyJackson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karinadp222)
I am really interested in fashion design as a career and I have to pick my a-level options soon. I love to be creative but not really into painting or drawing. But i love textiles and design so will the a levels textiles, photography and law be ok to apply for a fashion uni course at a place like CSM or should i do A level Art?
Hiya I've just got a place to study fashion design at Kingston but didnt apply to CSM, to be honest doing fashion deisgn they are not that interested in your alevels as long as you have one creative subject at least. You will probably be expected to do an art foundation (its quite hard to get onto a degree course without one), and then your portfolio really determines if you get a place! hope that helps
Estona
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All photos are beautiful. Thank you for this thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.95%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.15%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.82%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads