Super hard further maths decision question

Watch
majap06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://ibb.co/gj6SxVY

I've been trying this problem for hours and i can't seem to find a method that gets the answers x=15 and y =7 i've done dijkstra's algorithm (hopefully correctly) but i can't seem to work out where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated my head hurts lol
lord shimada
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by majap06)
https://ibb.co/gj6SxVY

I've been trying this problem for hours and i can't seem to find a method that gets the answers x=15 and y =7 i've done dijkstra's algorithm (hopefully correctly) but i can't seem to work out where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated my head hurts lol
is this 2020 paper?
majap06
Rep:
?
(Original post by lord shimada)
is this 2020 paper?
idk my teacher set this as revision i think it's from the mock papers ?
ThiagoBrigido
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
idk my teacher set this as revision i think it's from the mock papers ?
Have you answer part a)
The question hints Chinese Postman algorithm
majap06
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThiagoBrigido)
Have you answer part a)
The question hints Chinese Postman algorithm
yeah it's definitley semi eulerian so i tried equating the weight 320 +x + y to the minimum length plus distance between A and G as they were odd nodes from the postman algorithm but i got no where :/ gave me answer for x in the 100's
majap06
Rep:
?
(Original post by mqb2766)
You really need to provide a link to show this is one of the released 2021 material, otherwise it must be considered as a locked paper/question.
If your teacher really has provided it, then it should be publically available. Please provide the link.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...s-for-students

it's in the 9MA0/3D second word document first question sorry for any confusion
majap06
Rep:
?
sorry meant 9FM0/3D
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sorry meant 9FM0/3D
Thanks, Im just checking and apologies in advance when I find it :-)
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are indeed correct - apologies. I'll delete my original post. Ill have a proper go through the question in the morning if its not been sorted - too tired now.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
majap06
Rep:
?
You are indeed correct - apologies. I'll delete my original post. Ill have a proper go through the question in the morning if its not been sorted - too tired now.
no worries you're just doing your job i should have checked forum rules before posting i wasn't aware a link needed to be provided and thank you that would be very helpful have a nice evening
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no worries you're just doing your job i should have checked forum rules before posting i wasn't aware a link needed to be provided and thank you that would be very helpful have a nice evening
A link helps verify that it is a publically available exam question - not always necessary but helps remove any "confusoin", especially for exam questions and the current method of assessment. So thanks for doing it.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
majap06
Rep:
?
A link helps verify that it is a publically available exam question - not always necessary but helps remove any "confusoin", especially for exam questions and the current method of assessment. So thanks for doing it.
oh fair enough things to remember for next time. Also finally worked out the reason i wasn't getting the solutions was because i set up my route inspection equations wrong (380 + x +2y =409 not 380 + x + y =409-- a whole lot of headache for a minor error!) so all is well that ends well !
mqb2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh fair enough things to remember for next time. Also finally worked out the reason i wasn't getting the solutions was because i set up my route inspection equations wrong (380 + x +2y =409 not 380 + x + y =409-- a whole lot of headache for a minor error!) so all is well that ends well !
Good to hear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (92)
29.02%
No (225)
70.98%

Watched Threads