Glittermuke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you get kicked out of uni if you don’t attend your lectures on zoom? I attend mostly all of them but I’ve missed maybe like 3 of them before due to work and other stuff
wizkid44
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No you won’t (for most courses anyway)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check your course/student handbook for the attendance monitoring policy to find out if there’s any monitoring of attendance and consequences for missing teaching without giving a reason.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My siblings are learning from home, either taking gcses from home and one is doing a Masters. They are required to attend each meeting. It's literally attendance and lessons you're missing.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glittermuke)
Do you get kicked out of uni if you don’t attend your lectures on zoom? I attend mostly all of them but I’ve missed maybe like 3 of them before due to work and other stuff
Hi there!

I agree with the other comments on this thread. Does your university check attendance of these lectures? I would suggest to check your student handbook as mentioned by PQ to see what the university attendance policy is. As you've only missed a few I wouldn't say this is a big issue, as long as you're being proactive, keeping up to date then you shouldn't be kicked out for any reason. In the future if you are going to miss any, maybe email your lecturer just to let them know as this still shows your aware of the lecture.

I hope this helps!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
BashfulStudent22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Glittermuke)
Hey Glittermuke!

No usually you won't get kicked out of uni. It's up to you if you want to attend, same as if we were physically going to lectures/tutorials. They might be concerned, but doubt they'll kick you out of uni for not attending zooms But as the others have said, I would check your handbook or course information about any attendance policies. Also, might be different if your coursework is based on group activities that require you to attend the zoom. But as long as your keeping up with work and grades are fine, you should be alright

Bashful
Spoiler:
Show

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.38%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.73%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.49%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.32%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
12.97%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.11%

Watched Threads