thewannabevegan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm finishing year 11 in a couple weeks and I wanted to do something nice for a couple of my favourite teachers. There are some who have gone above and beyond for me and supported me in stressful, upsetting and outright embarrassing situations.

I'm planning on writing them each a short note thanking them and just letting them know how much their support and teaching helped me through secondary school but I also wanted to buy a small present for a couple of them.
Specifically, my chemistry, biology and history teachers.
Is this a normal thing to do? What kind of thing would you get them?

(also a side note one of them is having a baby this month and I was thinking maybe making my gift something they could give to their baby ie. a children's book on the subject they teach or something. Would this be a tad inappropriate??)
Mysticaloat88
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The idea of giving them a gift for their baby is so lovely!! Definitely go with that- your teacher will love it!
Apad121
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!

That sounds lovely! None of this is weird in any way. This will definitely be very welcomed and they would really appreciate it! Especially given that you are personalising it for each of them.

Enjoy the last few weeks of Year 11. These are really some of the best moments of your educational career.
BigShaq6969
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thewannabevegan)
So I'm finishing year 11 in a couple weeks and I wanted to do something nice for a couple of my favourite teachers. There are some who have gone above and beyond for me and supported me in stressful, upsetting and outright embarrassing situations.

I'm planning on writing them each a short note thanking them and just letting them know how much their support and teaching helped me through secondary school but I also wanted to buy a small present for a couple of them.
Specifically, my chemistry, biology and history teachers.
Is this a normal thing to do? What kind of thing would you get them?

(also a side note one of them is having a baby this month and I was thinking maybe making my gift something they could give to their baby ie. a children's book on the subject they teach or something. Would this be a tad inappropriate??)
Yes of course, go for it.
That's so kind and genorous of you.
May you have a long and prosperous life.
If only there were more nice people in the world like you.
Best Wishes,
BigShaq6969.
Last edited by BigShaq6969; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise