I have nobody to tell this to so I’m posting it here

Watch
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t really expect anyone to reply, it’s just that I had the urge to tell to someone about something but I’m on a gap year so in that awkward part where all my high school and sixth form friends have moved on and I’m not at university myself just yet so don’t have any new friends to talk to.
Anyway…

I met this boy in group chats for the uni I was meant to go to last year until I dropped out for health reasons, I kinda had a thing for him. Of course he has no idea, I’ve never pursued it and don’t intend to.
A few months ago he told me that he had a girlfriend. I wasn’t too bothered, to him I was just someone he messaged a few times about uni stuff.
But today he posted a picture of his bedside table, featuring some flowers and a framed photo of the two of them in the shape of a heart and it hurt.

That is all, I feel much better for having told someone, even if you have no idea who I am.
Last edited by WantBeAnonymous; 1 month ago
Synergy~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
I don’t really expect anyone to reply, it’s just that I had the urge to tell to someone about something but I’m on a gap year so in that awkward part where all my high school and sixth form friends have moved on and I’m not at university myself just yet so don’t have any new friends to talk to.
Anyway…

I met this boy in group chats for the uni I was meant to go to last year until I dropped out for health reasons, I kinda had a thing for him. Of course he has no idea, I’ve never pursued it and don’t intend to.
A few months ago he told me that he had a girlfriend. I wasn’t too bothered, to him I was just someone he messaged a few times about uni stuff.
But today he posted a picture of his bedside table, featuring some flowers and a framed photo of the two of them in the shape of a heart and it hurt.

That is all, I feel much better for having told someone, even if you have no idea who I am.
Awh :console:
You'll forget about him when you go to uni, trust. There'll be too much going on and so many new faces
Last edited by Synergy~; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
It’s okay don’t worry, he’s the one losing out
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
This is why blokes cut the cord, so you don't have to deal with all of that.
swrxy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel you with the whole friend thing- but it is good to tell someone, even just people on TSR because at least you have gotten it off you're chest!! It clearly is not meant to be with you and him, and so you can now focus your time on yourself and growing who you are. They always say while you spend time on yourself and while you're not actively looking for a relationship is when they creep up on you (when you least expect them too). Once again we are all here for you no matter what! I wish you all the best Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
38.03%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (6)
8.45%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (22)
30.99%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
7.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed