Gf posting selfies

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel uncomfortable when my gf posts pics of herself on ig. Am I overreacting? She get lots of likes from guys and girls. She went to pub with friends, came back and posted a selfie of herself from pub.
She then went really overboard on me saying how much she missed me and being really over top about saying she loved me etc. I don't get it. Am I just being insecure ?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes you're being insecure. Absolutely nothing wrong in posting selfies.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. Cheating is a random conclusion to come to from simply posting pictures of her time at a pub.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds very controlling possessive behaviour
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, just a bit unless she's posting half naked/almost fully naked pictures I don't see the issue. I'd be careful with this kind of thing, because it's the kind of thing that could push her away.
dmears55
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel uncomfortable when my gf posts pics of herself on ig. Am I overreacting? She get lots of likes from guys and girls. She went to pub with friends, came back and posted a selfie of herself from pub.
She then went really overboard on me saying how much she missed me and being really over top about saying she loved me etc. I don't get it. Am I just being insecure ?
tbh it all depends on the type of selfies, and that is something you guys need to wrestle with yourself, some people are very bohemian and have open relationships whilst others care about what the other wears, it all depnds on your relationship
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yeah, just a bit unless she's posting half naked/almost fully naked pictures I don't see the issue. I'd be careful with this kind of thing, because it's the kind of thing that could push her away.
Honestly growing up witnessing a very controlling and possessive marriage this is the kind of stuff that would scream red flags to me.
Starts with being insecure at posting selfies it can easily escalate to not allowing you to have male friends or wanting to know your location at all times.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you uncomfortable about the obsession many people under 35 have with selfies and posting publicly available content about their private lives on accessible social media?
Or jealous/angry/insecure about the attention that her selfies get?
Filthy Communist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This just screams insecure and controlling. I'd understand being jealous if she was posting pictures of herself in bikinis and ****, but she's literally just posting a picture of herself at the pub with her mates, grow the hell up.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks everyone. I really don't want myself to be deemed controlling. I'm just not used to it really as my previous ex would always say to me that if I post pics of myself I'm looking for attention and losing interest in her. I guess it stems from that and now my new gf is the opposite the thoughts previously pop into my head.
barnet1471
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd be concerned if anyone was posting selfies whilst in the pub (it's an invitation to say I am not at home, please burgle me), but if it is once back home, don't see the issue.
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Over-reacting. It's her instagram. Her social media. She can do what she likes on it.
You're probably being a little insecure, and that's okay. We all do the same.
But we also crave attention from others on a daily basis.
Think about it: You're going 'LIVE' on social media, showing off a new talent, or funny skit at a comedy show.
But you're not getting any views in the first 2 mins. You're going to be thinking 'but what I'm posting is funny as, why is no one watching this?'
So you share it on other social media, using hashtags that everyone else is using, to get reach and an audience.
It works, you get 10K people tune into your 10 min video, you feel like a celeb.

That moment of 'fame' dies down after a bit. You should calm down also.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (193)
43.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.92%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (93)
21.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.66%

Watched Threads