The Student Room Group

This break up has left me in a dark place

So I just had a brutal break up with a girl I did want it to end with. It caught me so off guard because I didn’t see any issue and was happy and the next day she ended it suddenly, don’t want to get into reasons but I didn’t do anything like cheat to make her cut it off she wasn’t feeling it on her side basically.

I feel like I committed way too much with this girl as I thought she’d be the one I marry and spend the rest of my life with so it hate me really hard. We got to a point where I emotionally opened up to her to and it’s essentially my first relationship.

People say the best thing to heal is spend time with friends and family. Issue is it’s exam weeks for everyone so there’s no chance of that happening, i’m on my own essentially.

I’m basically left in my room to my own accord and I can’t help thing of things I did wrong in the relationship and how I could have been better and how it’s my fault. It’s destroying me and I can’t see a way out. All my music in my playlist has some sort of love element and it just reminds me of her, there’s no new games or movies out for me to watch or play. Iv literally sat on my bed all day feeing sorry for myself. I use to spend a large amount of my day taking to her or being with her and I just have a empty void there now.

Any help for me to get out of this dark place?
Reply 1
your love for her was clearly one-sided.
for every relationship to work, there must be some sort of fear of losing each other.
you were in fear of losing her but she wasn't so much in fear of losing you.
Reply 2
the best thing for you to do is to cut all contact with her and make sure you work on yourself.
ay bruh i feel so , litreally happened to me like 3 days ago , my girl left because of something happened in her life now bro imma give you one key advice and listen carefully.
THE WORLD is still going to spin , people are gonna wake up tomorrow , work, study , live life in general and the world is still going on... you need to understand that it wont wait for you , people are gonna move on wiv their lives now the choice its either , you move wiv it , or you waste weeks,months, years (maybe) and stay behind.
my point is that bro you gotta keep it pushing , don't hide your emotions but don't hide yourself as well
you gotta go and since its exam season you gotta do this and I promise you, you will find someone along the way , one advice I give to myself is that "if one girl wont make me feel wanted, 20 other will".
I'm sorry to hear all this :hugs:

I get that it's exam week, but could you talk to your parents maybe? Or a personal uni tutor/counselling service?
Just getting out and having a walk can also help, or maybe making plans to see people when their exams are over.
but i do understand that you might be feel bored and alone in your room , ints natural , you cant force the feeling to go away , it will fade away wiv time , so you wont get over this , understand that it went wrong and thinking of where you went wrong is not gonna help you , understand that she left nd you gotta accept it nd keep you head up
try to spend more time wiv you family , get more sun , stay hydrate and fruits also just give yourself a break king

you got this
Original post by Anonymous
So I just had a brutal break up with a girl I did want it to end with. It caught me so off guard because I didn’t see any issue and was happy and the next day she ended it suddenly, don’t want to get into reasons but I didn’t do anything like cheat to make her cut it off she wasn’t feeling it on her side basically.

I feel like I committed way too much with this girl as I thought she’d be the one I marry and spend the rest of my life with so it hate me really hard. We got to a point where I emotionally opened up to her to and it’s essentially my first relationship.

People say the best thing to heal is spend time with friends and family. Issue is it’s exam weeks for everyone so there’s no chance of that happening, i’m on my own essentially.

I’m basically left in my room to my own accord and I can’t help thing of things I did wrong in the relationship and how I could have been better and how it’s my fault. It’s destroying me and I can’t see a way out. All my music in my playlist has some sort of love element and it just reminds me of her, there’s no new games or movies out for me to watch or play. Iv literally sat on my bed all day feeing sorry for myself. I use to spend a large amount of my day taking to her or being with her and I just have a empty void there now.

Any help for me to get out of this dark place?

oh an also you should be happy that she left beacasueshe weren't "feeling " it . its better cause now you know the love weren't fake and you saved yourself
BTW THIS IS ALL COMING FROM A 16 year old so bro you got this I'm sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending