Any rush to firm an offer?Watch
Are there any downsides to waiting till deadline day?
I'm still unsure of which to pick for 1st and insurance choice but even if I was sure I would still leave it till the last minute simply because there are no downsides (if I am correct?)
2) If you leave it to literally the deadline day on 10 June, you risk the usual problem of the UCAS website getting overloaded, freezing, crashing etc and then not knowing if your decision has been entered in time.
Do it well before the deadline.
You're not going to lose your offers by waiting longer to make your choices, and sometimes it's definitely better to wait, however it can impact your ability to access accommodation and leaving it right until the deadline is risky if there are any issues with UCAS at that time.
Definitely don't feel like you have to rush yourself into choosing your firm and insurance choices. It's a big decision (although you can change your mind in the 14 days after making your decision. It may also be possible after 14 days, but you'll have to contact UCAS and there aren't any guarantees at that point) and you should really make sure you know where you want to go and want to study.
However, if your university does accommodation on a first-come-first-serve basis, you may miss out. I firmed Nottingham pretty late last year, and by the time I was able to book accommodation all of the ones I wanted were gone. It's a risk, but it was also a sacrifice I was willing to make to go to the university (I didn't end up going as my place at a US uni was confirmed). But you may have different priorities (i.e. you may not want to attend a certain university if you can't get certain accommodation).