Elms bt1 and bt2

Watch this thread
slocke01
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, im a future masters student looking for some advice about accommodation.
I'm looking at elms bt1 and bt2 and i'm wondering which is best for masters students? and if i was to apply would i be placed with freshers in accommodation or with other masters students in my flat?
I'm also wondering whether there is on site parking or what other people have done regarding bringing cars as i really need to bring mine!

thanks xx
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by slocke01)
Hi, im a future masters student looking for some advice about accommodation.
I'm looking at elms bt1 and bt2 and i'm wondering which is best for masters students? and if i was to apply would i be placed with freshers in accommodation or with other masters students in my flat?
I'm also wondering whether there is on site parking or what other people have done regarding bringing cars as i really need to bring mine!

thanks xx
Hi Slocke01,

I lived in BT2 during my first year, and whilst it is still sociable I would say that both BT1 and BT2 are slightly less freshers orientated than BT9. There were more mature and older students, however I don't know it could be guaranteed you would be with master students. For questions about parking I would email the accomodation team.
[email protected]
I hope this helps

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third Year, English and History
Sean150403
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps)
Hi Slocke01,

I lived in BT2 during my first year, and whilst it is still sociable I would say that both BT1 and BT2 are slightly less freshers orientated than BT9. There were more mature and older students, however I don't know it could be guaranteed you would be with master students. For questions about parking I would email the accomodation team.
[email protected]
I hope this helps

Thanks,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third Year, English and History
which would you recommend for a first year?
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Sean150403)
which would you recommend for a first year?
Hi Sean150403,

I hope you don't mind that I am jumping in here. Unlike Charlotte, I lived in BT9 during my first year. Any one of BT1/2 or 9 are great for first years. BT9 is exclusively first year whereas BT1 and 2 are a greater mix of different year groups.

I had the best time in BT9 but I also know lots of people loved being in BT1/2. It really depends on what you want from accommodation, BT1/2 are much more central to the city of Belfast whereas BT9 is more secluded, it has more of a village feel to it whereas BT1/2 are high-rise blocks. BT1 also has an onsite gym and all of the accommodation options have onsite study rooms, common rooms and shops.

https://www.qub.ac.uk/accommodation/...accommodation/ I am linking the website here which will have more information on it.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck,
Alice, 2nd year Architecture
Team Queen's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (23)
74.19%
No (6)
19.35%
I didn't use it to prepare (2)
6.45%

Watched Threads