Best Accommodation at University of Edinburgh?

Watch
Ibex340
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm going to be a first-year undergraduate international student at Edinburgh in the fall. I don't want to put any further weight on me as I'm coming from outside Scotland, so thinking I will be catered. I think that limits me to Pollock Halls, but what's the best in your opinion in the Pollock Halls then? Any specific distinctions as to why it makes it the best?
tjlba1101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ibex340)
I'm going to be a first-year undergraduate international student at Edinburgh in the fall. I don't want to put any further weight on me as I'm coming from outside Scotland, so thinking I will be catered. I think that limits me to Pollock Halls, but what's the best in your opinion in the Pollock Halls then? Any specific distinctions as to why it makes it the best?
I am also applying for Pollock. I have been advised by recent Edi grads to stay away from Chancellor's Court. Apparently there's a high proportion of boarding school pupils and they can be very cliquey.
Ibex340
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tjlba1101)
I am also applying for Pollock. I have been advised by recent Edi grads to stay away from Chancellor's Court. Apparently there's a high proportion of boarding school pupils and they can be very cliquey.
Yeah it seems like all the posh people would go there anyway. How about like the other halls?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ibex340)
Yeah it seems like all the posh people would go there anyway. How about like the other halls?
The older cheaper ones are all decent - Baird, Ewing, Grant, Turner and Lee House. The best varies year by year, sort of luck of the draw really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (86)
26.22%
England (110)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.23%
Germany (39)
11.89%
Spain (6)
1.83%