hugechessbrain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is 1 week revision enough for 1st year exams, i procrastinated a lot so i dont have much time for revision
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll be honest, it's not enough but better than nothing
hugechessbrain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I'll be honest, it's not enough but better than nothing
r u med student?
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hugechessbrain)
r u med student?
No becausethenight is though, hopefully they can help you
Last edited by CoochieMan; 1 month ago
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No becausethenight is though, hopefully they can help you
I've only just finished my own exams :lol:

hugechessbrain, what matters is that you only have a week anyway, so you might as well do everything you can now rather than stressing about what you should've done? Have you spoken to your personal tutor and stuff about struggling to revise, they may be able to help (and get you mit circs if needed)
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
I've only just finished my own exams :lol:

hugechessbrain, what matters is that you only have a week anyway, so you might as well do everything you can now rather than stressing about what you should've done? Have you spoken to your personal tutor and stuff about struggling to revise, they may be able to help (and get you mit circs if needed)
Hope they went well!!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope they went well!!
:ta:
Imperial messed them up but hey I hope I passed and onto placement! Hope all going OK with you
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:ta:
Imperial messed them up but hey I hope I passed and onto placement! Hope all going OK with you
Oh I'm really sorry Praying for you Yuppp they're going okay, they were supposed to be over last week but last minute decided to assess us again so Grind never stops
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh I'm really sorry Praying for you Yuppp they're going okay, they were supposed to be over last week but last minute decided to assess us again so Grind never stops
It's probably fine, I'm just glad they're over
Oh no - that's not great of them :cry: when those are done are you totally done then?
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's probably fine, I'm just glad they're over
Oh no - that's not great of them :cry: when those are done are you totally done then?
I bloody hope so! If they choose to assess us again I'm going to coincidentally catch covid during that exam week /j
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bloody hope so! If they choose to assess us again I'm going to coincidentally catch covid during that exam week /j
:yay: in advance!
And yes haha it seems insane that they're basically making you do extra A levels
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:yay: in advance!
And yes haha it seems insane that they're basically making you do extra A levels
Thank you!!

Exactly! During a similar time period too
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you!!

Exactly! During a similar time period too
Cruel and unusual
Hope you have a nice summer planned afterwards though :yep:
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cruel and unusual
Hope you have a nice summer planned afterwards though :yep:
It's a lot better than last years treatment though (I hope :cry: )

I haven't got anything planned yet but I'm hoping to travel Have you got anything planned?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's a lot better than last years treatment though (I hope :cry: )

I haven't got anything planned yet but I'm hoping to travel Have you got anything planned?
Fingers crossed! It would be hard for it to be worse :rofl:

Not really yet, hoping to hear back about a job soonish that would keep me busy for a month or so. Then maybe some travelling. Mostly just really excited to move in with my boyfriend haha
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fingers crossed! It would be hard for it to be worse :rofl:

Not really yet, hoping to hear back about a job soonish that would keep me busy for a month or so. Then maybe some travelling. Mostly just really excited to move in with my boyfriend haha
Omg good luck with finding a job!! And enjoy travelling you must be looking forward to moving in with him. Hope all goes well
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg good luck with finding a job!! And enjoy travelling you must be looking forward to moving in with him. Hope all goes well
Thank you!! It's all part of the fun of growing up
Hope all goes well for you too and results day is stress free
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you!! It's all part of the fun of growing up
Hope all goes well for you too and results day is stress free
Thank youuuuu
asif007
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hugechessbrain)
is 1 week revision enough for 1st year exams, i procrastinated a lot so i dont have much time for revision
As you wrote this post 4 days ago I'm assuming you have about 3 days left until your exams. Unlike most medical students on TSR, I will not give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm assuming you do not have any problems with your mental/physical health or personal circumstances otherwise you would have mentioned them as the reason for you delaying your revision this late. Instead this tells me that you procrastinated out of laziness and no real desire to work hard for your exams.

I don't know how the exams are structured at your university. For summative exams on a whole year worth of content, 1 week is nowhere near enough time to cover it all in sufficient detail. For one modular exam in a single subject on one semester of content, perhaps 1 week is enough to scrape a pass if you're lucky. Whatever the circumstances, you need to take some responsibility for your failure to start revising much earlier than you did. If you pass the exams: move on and never make this mistake again. If you fail, accept that you messed up and that you need to stop doing whatever it was that stopped you revising. You're a medical student - you know full well how to study thoroughly and efficiently. To me it sounds like you need to improve your work ethic or you will eventually run into the same problem again when the next exams come around.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.81%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.78%

Watched Threads