Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Im not an angry person, but lately ive been angry, upset, stressed, confused and so many more emotions. im exhausted from school but im barely doing anything. days go by really slowly but weeks go by in a blink of an eye. i have no motivation as im failing almost all of my subjects - and i do try to revise and i will do for hours and all i get in return is a U or an E. i dont like talking about myself or my emotions and i dont ask for help. im struggling but i dont want to go to anyone, because all that person will do is try and pass me onto someone else so im not their problem. i feel so alone and i dont know what im going to do now or in the future. i just cry every night and i get so stressed not following a schedule or any sort of routine but im not caring much anymore. everyone thinks im ok but im not. i also have a habit of biting my nails but today ive bitten them to the point where they look hideous, they are just disgusting and im ashamed that people will see them and ive tried so hard to stop.

the only enjoyment i have at the moment is instagram reels, sleep, and music. i dont know what to do and ive tried to put everything into this post but i dont know how as stated before i dont like opening up.

i dont know what i need but if anyone has suggestions im open
thisisme_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im not an angry person, but lately ive been angry, upset, stressed, confused and so many more emotions. im exhausted from school but im barely doing anything. days go by really slowly but weeks go by in a blink of an eye. i have no motivation as im failing almost all of my subjects - and i do try to revise and i will do for hours and all i get in return is a U or an E. i dont like talking about myself or my emotions and i dont ask for help. im struggling but i dont want to go to anyone, because all that person will do is try and pass me onto someone else so im not their problem. i feel so alone and i dont know what im going to do now or in the future. i just cry every night and i get so stressed not following a schedule or any sort of routine but im not caring much anymore. everyone thinks im ok but im not. i also have a habit of biting my nails but today ive bitten them to the point where they look hideous, they are just disgusting and im ashamed that people will see them and ive tried so hard to stop.

the only enjoyment i have at the moment is instagram reels, sleep, and music. i dont know what to do and ive tried to put everything into this post but i dont know how as stated before i dont like opening up.

Hey!
I think I can understand what you are going through. From what I have read, I assume you are anxious about something and hence you tend to mix up everything and get confused often.

At this point, I honestly feel you need a lot of motivation and positivity. I know it’s not easy to come out of this, but I suggest you to meditate, do some exercise or yoga, watch motivational videos and read books/ blogs related to calming down yourself and staying motivated. I know that this is what literally everyone would ask you to do when you are down, but it actually helps! Try sleeping for atleast 6-8 hours and like you had mentioned that you listen to music, listen to happy music and maybe pop or something of that sort. I’m a student too, hence I’ve given the least amount of possible ways that you can get yourself out of this. I can try my level best to boost and motivate you! Feel free to talk about how you feel further!
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

I don't know your personal circumstances, soI'm just going to suggest some things that can work in general. First, try not to beat yourself up about feeling bad. Pretty much everyone has times in their life when things go badly, when they feel like cr*p. Teenage years are typical, but it hits nearly everybody at one point or another. So don't think you are somehow uniquely terrible, weak, bad, ugly, useless etc etc. That's just how it always works. When you get those self-punishing thoughts, try to ignore them by distracting yourself. Putting yourself in a physical mode is one way of doing this because it takes you out of your head. So do something madly physical like having a cold shower, running around the block, reorganising your bedroom, or whatever.
Force yourself to schedule the day, and build in reward time at regular intervals eg after an hour of schoolwork, programme 30 minutes of insta or a dance session.
Get out of the house regularly and try and make a connection with another living creature - say hello and smile at a random stranger, go looking for ducklings at the local park?
Most importantly, if you know what is making you stressed and upset, can you do something to change that situation?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thisisme_)
Hey!
I think I can understand what you are going through. From what I have read, I assume you are anxious about something and hence you tend to mix up everything and get confused often.

At this point, I honestly feel you need a lot of motivation and positivity. I know it’s not easy to come out of this, but I suggest you to meditate, do some exercise or yoga, watch motivational videos and read books/ blogs related to calming down yourself and staying motivated. I know that this is what literally everyone would ask you to do when you are down, but it actually helps! Try sleeping for atleast 6-8 hours and like you had mentioned that you listen to music, listen to happy music and maybe pop or something of that sort. I’m a student too, hence I’ve given the least amount of possible ways that you can get yourself out of this. I can try my level best to boost and motivate you! Feel free to talk about how you feel further!
thank you i appreciate your comment
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OxFossil)
I don't know your personal circumstances, soI'm just going to suggest some things that can work in general. First, try not to beat yourself up about feeling bad. Pretty much everyone has times in their life when things go badly, when they feel like cr*p. Teenage years are typical, but it hits nearly everybody at one point or another. So don't think you are somehow uniquely terrible, weak, bad, ugly, useless etc etc. That's just how it always works. When you get those self-punishing thoughts, try to ignore them by distracting yourself. Putting yourself in a physical mode is one way of doing this because it takes you out of your head. So do something madly physical like having a cold shower, running around the block, reorganising your bedroom, or whatever.
Force yourself to schedule the day, and build in reward time at regular intervals eg after an hour of schoolwork, programme 30 minutes of insta or a dance session.
Get out of the house regularly and try and make a connection with another living creature - say hello and smile at a random stranger, go looking for ducklings at the local park?
Most importantly, if you know what is making you stressed and upset, can you do something to change that situation?
thank you for the time you spent commenting. i really appreciate it, i will try doing what youve said. thank you so much for the help
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you for the time you spent commenting. i really appreciate it, i will try doing what youve said. thank you so much for the help
You're welcome. It might seem hopeless right now, but it will change.
thisisme_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you i appreciate your comment
You’re welcome! Always remember that nothing is permanent and everything is due to change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (143)
44.97%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.95%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.13%

Watched Threads