HippyChick04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What areas/postcodes are classed as London when applying for student loans?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HippyChick04)
London loans are based on the university concerned not postcodes. You should ask your university if you’ll get the London loan amount
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

(Original post by PQ)
London loans are based on the university concerned not postcodes. You should ask your university if you’ll get the London loan amount
Hi, you can view the postcodes here http://ow.ly/uceF30rHi6a (the university must have one of these postcodes)

Our guidance states:

If the university address starts with one of the following postcodes, then the student will receive the London rate.

A student is eligible to receive the London rate of maintenance loan if ;

a course at an institution which requires attendance for at least half the time in aggregate of any quarter of the course in the academic year at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District; or

a sandwich course at an institution which requires the eligible student to undertake work experience or a combination of work experience and study provided that ”Y” undertakes such work experience or combination of work experience and study for at least half the time in aggregate of any quarter of the course in the academic year at a site or sites wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District;

Thanks, Isaac
HippyChick04
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you can view the postcodes here http://ow.ly/uceF30rHi6a (the university must have one of these postcodes)

Our guidance states:

If the university address starts with one of the following postcodes, then the student will receive the London rate.

A student is eligible to receive the London rate of maintenance loan if ;

a course at an institution which requires attendance for at least half the time in aggregate of any quarter of the course in the academic year at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District; or

a sandwich course at an institution which requires the eligible student to undertake work experience or a combination of work experience and study provided that ”Y” undertakes such work experience or combination of work experience and study for at least half the time in aggregate of any quarter of the course in the academic year at a site or sites wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District;

Thanks, Isaac
Thanks Issac,
That's been a huge help
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks Issac,
That's been a huge help
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed