waitress appropriate shoes

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is my first job and I was told to wear all black shoes. Does this mean I can wear all black trainers? Alternatively I have some black Chelsea boots.
Algc95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It honestly depends on the workplace and how relaxed they are about uniform.

I've worked in a few different coffee shops and restaurants that required black shoes. Most employers I know wouldn't mind all black trainers, but I have worked in a few places that made me wear black formal shoes.

I would go in your black trainers but have your Chelsea boots with you. You can then ask the manager if trainers would be fine.

More than likely, they won't have an issue with black trainers!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Algc95)
It honestly depends on the workplace and how relaxed they are about uniform.

I've worked in a few different coffee shops and restaurants that required black shoes. Most employers I know wouldn't mind all black trainers, but I have worked in a few places that made me wear black formal shoes.

I would go in your black trainers but have your Chelsea boots with you. You can then ask the manager if trainers would be fine.

More than likely, they won't have an issue with black trainers!
Thank you !
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As above, it depends what other people wear and how strict they are. If you do have a choice make sure whatever you wear isn't really flat, like Converse, otherwise your feet will kill by the end of a long shift. Something with a decent sole and support would be ideal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads