How to Defer entry at the University of Essex for an unconditional offer?

Watch
blMc1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have already applied and have an unconditional offer for my course on UCAS Track, I am yet to select it as my firm choice. Since I applied I have changed my mind on wanting to go this year and now wish to attend next year. I have a month to reply to my offers. What is the process of deferring the offer of my choice from my current position?
jennybear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Phone up (or email - phone is quicker) with your UCAS Personal ID to hand and explain you wish to defer. Nine times out of ten they will be more than happy to accommodate this and will update their offer in Track to reflect your deferred year
RosesOnRaindrops
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jennybear)
Phone up (or email - phone is quicker) with your UCAS Personal ID to hand and explain you wish to defer. Nine times out of ten they will be more than happy to accommodate this and will update their offer in Track to reflect your deferred year
If I wanted to defer my uni. Would I have to redo my personal statement and references?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RosesOnRaindrops)
If I wanted to defer my uni. Would I have to redo my personal statement and references?
Not if the uni allow you to defer for a year
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your confirmed place would just be for 2022 entry rather than 2021.
It just sits there until you go in 2022. You do not need to 'reapply'.
jennybear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As the others have said - assuming you get the grades you can just ask to change the year of entry
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jennybear)
As the others have said - assuming you get the grades you can just ask to change the year of entry
But you should ask now - and not wait until you have your grades in August
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads