AthleteRacer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m really struggled during my time at university to make friends. I’ve joined societies but I always feel like a bit part. Anyone have any suggestions of things that could help would be greatly appreciated.
kafuuchino
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AthleteRacer)
Hi, I’m really struggled during my time at university to make friends. I’ve joined societies but I always feel like a bit part. Anyone have any suggestions of things that could help would be greatly appreciated.
University is the starting point of life, and it is also a place that requires hard work
Cakes are nice 9
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kafuuchino)
University is the starting point of life, and it is also a place that requires hard work
that isnt very helpful in this case
kafuuchino
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cakes are nice 9)
that isnt very helpful in this case
It's harder at first, but it will be fine later
BashfulStudent22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AthleteRacer)
Hey AthleteRacer!

Really sorry to hear your going through this I totally get how your feeling, as I struggled to make friends at the start too. I wont talk about societies as I see your already in some, so here are some other suggestions:

1. Give yourself time! Friendships usually develop over the course of uni and may not happen right away, especially as when starting to figure out your own schedules and activities. Some of my closest friends were made towards the end of year cause I ended up spending more time with them through similar lectures and tutorials

2. If your living in Halls, go say hello to your neighbours. Like just bring over a box of biscuits or some other food and say you bought to much and wanted to see if they wanted some! Honestly, food is the way to students hearts... or was with my neighbours anyway! :lol: Just find a way to spark a convo with them.

3. Talk to everyone. If you talk to everyone you meet, you may end up finding people with similar interests along the way or people who you find really interesting or comfortable with.

Hope these help!

Bashful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads