URGENT : Roehampton or UAL (London College of Communication) for Journalism ?

Watch
fyre97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am an EU student who received offers from LCC (MA arts and Lifestyle journalism) and Roehampton (MA journalism) among others even thought I think i’m mainly hesitating between roehampton and UAL.

I would tend to choose UAL because this is prestigious, it’s focused on arts and lifestyle (which I would like to do) and I love the fact that it’s in central london, surrounded with so much creativity. Thought as a Eu student, I am not eligible for home fees and have to pay international fees that are significantly higher. do you think it’s worth it ?

What I love with Roehampton is the fact that the MA is more general because it’s just journalism and not as precise as arts and lifestyle journalism so maybe it would be easier for me to find a job with a MA that is more general based ? I also love the campus life and this is a very beautiful area. The accommodation and the fees are not as expensive as LCC. But it’s not in central London and I really would like to live in central london so I don’t know.

I have 21 days to reply to one offer and i’m still hesitating. I’m stressing so much, does someone could give me their opinions about these 2 universities ? Thank you
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi fyre97!

Congratulation on your offers! I’m sure both of those options would be incredible but I wanted to give you a bit more insight about studying at LCC / UAL.

MA Arts and Lifestyle Journalism had the last Open Day in February and in case you didn’t attend here’s the link to the recording that can answer a lot of your questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVotvoffSVg

LCC has many incredible technical facilities. While you’re studying there you can sign up to as many open access classes as workshops as you want. This way, in addition to your course, you can learn different softwares, graphic design & photography skills and many more! During your course you can also access all of the UAL libraries and campuses, which is a great way to meet people, collaborate and explore. UAL students are a huge network which provide a great start into your professional career.

As you already know, LCC is located in Central London and you can access most important cultural places within walking distance or short bus ride. For example, Tate Modern and White Cube galleries are both a short walk away! It’s a unique chance to immerse yourself in London’s culture. To add up, Elephant and Castle has many amazing restaurants and food spots around, such as popular Mercato Metropolitano.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

All the best,

Agata
UAL Student Rep
Ackman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fyre97)
Hello,

I am an EU student who received offers from LCC (MA arts and Lifestyle journalism) and Roehampton (MA journalism) among others even thought I think i’m mainly hesitating between roehampton and UAL.

I would tend to choose UAL because this is prestigious, it’s focused on arts and lifestyle (which I would like to do) and I love the fact that it’s in central london, surrounded with so much creativity. Thought as a Eu student, I am not eligible for home fees and have to pay international fees that are significantly higher. do you think it’s worth it ?

What I love with Roehampton is the fact that the MA is more general because it’s just journalism and not as precise as arts and lifestyle journalism so maybe it would be easier for me to find a job with a MA that is more general based ? I also love the campus life and this is a very beautiful area. The accommodation and the fees are not as expensive as LCC. But it’s not in central London and I really would like to live in central london so I don’t know.

I have 21 days to reply to one offer and i’m still hesitating. I’m stressing so much, does someone could give me their opinions about these 2 universities ? Thank you
UAL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads