JamieA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all, I hope you're well.

I will start a PGCE Secondary Spanish in September. I'm looking for any book recommendations for the grammar and vocabulary etc. that I will need to be teaching (as opposed to books on pedagogy). I was thinking about the revision guides that I used to use when I was studying at school, but buying these for each year is going to be quite expensive.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.
lwoffindin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
You really won't need any books. Everything you need you can find online. Chances are, you'll use PowerPoint or other software for presentations and you'll need to make your own worksheets so that they are the right level and challenge for your pupils.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi JamieA_,
Indeed most of the vocabulary and grammar, you need, will be found in the textbooks, you will use. If it is a case of brushing off on your knowledge- maybe in view of teaching A-level- the vocabulary book "Palabra por Palabra" has been a staple for A-level teaching for years. It is very reasonably priced.
Finally, each exam board have in their GCSE syllabus- a list of core vocabulary that you can print/download- it is not an exhaustive list but could be a good starting point. You will find them in the specification for free. Just visit any exam board websites to find them.
I hope this helps.
Laure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads