traineeship vs kickstart scheme job which one?

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
without sounding selfish, if I withdraw from the traineeship the training provider and government will lose money and if I withdraw from a kickstart scheme job I will lose money (traineeships are unpaid or some pay £250 at the end, kickstart pays you more but the traineeship goes into the field that I want), what would you advise?
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Traineeship - better start getting the skills you want for the job you want earlier. You may not get that opportunity again.
Anon346775
Rep:
?
(Original post by one_two_three)
Traineeship - better start getting the skills you want for the job you want earlier. You may not get that opportunity again.
what if your job centre adviser is still pestering you about kick start scheme jobs and doesn’t understand traineeships?
cherlloydfan1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I've been doing an I.T traineeship for the past 10 months but I was hoping to get a job at the end of it but they haven't offered me one so I'm leaving to do another internship. I don't feel like I've learnt anything though. So I don't feel like it's worth it but do what u want
one_two_three
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are both actually offering you specifically?
Anon346775
Rep:
?
(Original post by one_two_three)
What are both actually offering you specifically?
traineeship in business administration and kickstart scheme job as an estate assistant.
one_two_three
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go for business administration if that is what you would like - it's not like it's a traineeship in something obscure, it's a good skills grounding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed