wubaluba.dubdub
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I hold an offer for an MA International Relations course at King's College London and MSc International Relations at the University of Edinburgh. I've been thinking about which one to accept and have no idea which to choose.

I have BA in politics and my honor thesis was about international law and the other thesis was about conflict in the middle east. I haven't decided on which subdiscipline to take either. I prefer conflicts / security / international law studies.

Please share your experiences at both programmes. Thank you so much.
Last edited by wubaluba.dubdub; 1 month ago
Ackman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
KCL more networking opportunities and you can attend job interviews in London easily, plus it also has somewhat of a prestigious war studies department (maybe a little inflated tho). social side may suffer being in London with the cost of living and so many international students.
Edinburgh great Scottish uni with a high qs ranking, a lovely historic city, lots of international students, cheaper cost of living, and a similar level of prestige to KCL at least in my opinion.

all that being said I would personally go to Edinburgh.
wubaluba.dubdub
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ackman)
KCL more networking opportunities and you can attend job interviews in London easily, plus it also has somewhat of a prestigious war studies department (maybe a little inflated tho). social side may suffer being in London with the cost of living and so many international students.
Edinburgh great Scottish uni with a high qs ranking, a lovely historic city, lots of international students, cheaper cost of living, and a similar level of prestige to KCL at least in my opinion.

all that being said I would personally go to Edinburgh.
Thank you for replying!
I've calculated my whole year expenses and it costs £13000 more if I choose KCL. That really makes me hesitate.
Plus I've never been to UK, it's not easy for me to picture the life in both cities.
Ackman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wubaluba.dubdub)
Thank you for replying!
I've calculated my whole year expenses and it costs £13000 more if I choose KCL. That really makes me hesitate.
Plus I've never been to UK, it's not easy for me to picture the life in both cities.
personally i would rather be a student in the city of Edinburgh (cost of living), than a student in London and like i said both universities have a similar level of prestige/employment prospects. I guess if you are looking for a job in London, Kings may be useful for interviews and networking etc.
wubaluba.dubdub
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ackman)
personally i would rather be a student in the city of Edinburgh (cost of living), than a student in London and like i said both universities have a similar level of prestige/employment prospects. I guess if you are looking for a job in London, Kings may be useful for interviews and networking etc.
I see, thank you for the information!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads