The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 09.44.42.png

Hi there,

I attached a photo of my current status on my SFE account which says that my "application has been approved" and that the payments have been "scheduled". I saw this after I received confirmation that SFE received the evidence that they needed from me.

However, prior to seeing this approved page, there was a page asking for my parents to send evidence of their own. My parents were in the process of entering their details to make their own account etc... but after seeing that my application has been approved and it does not ask for my parents to send in their evidence anymore, does this mean they do not need to send in the evidence anymore? Is this a normal thing to see? Does this mean that my SFE application is done and I don't need to do anything anymore?

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Original post by Coolboy13
Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 09.44.42.png

Hi there,

I attached a photo of my current status on my SFE account which says that my "application has been approved" and that the payments have been "scheduled". I saw this after I received confirmation that SFE received the evidence that they needed from me.

However, prior to seeing this approved page, there was a page asking for my parents to send evidence of their own. My parents were in the process of entering their details to make their own account etc... but after seeing that my application has been approved and it does not ask for my parents to send in their evidence anymore, does this mean they do not need to send in the evidence anymore? Is this a normal thing to see? Does this mean that my SFE application is done and I don't need to do anything anymore?

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, when you view your entitlement summary, how much have you been awarded?

You might of only been approved for the basic finance if we were waiting for your parents details for a long time.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
I attached my entitlement summary. What would you recommend me doing? I do understand that maintenance loan is calculated by annual household income of my parents. So should I tell them to continue doing their applications and then it should update on its own? Or should I get in contact with SFE? If so, how would I get in contact with them?

I did start my application on the 9th of April, so I guess it has been some time.
(edited 2 years ago)
I attached my entitlement summary. What would you recommend me doing? I do understand that maintenance loan is calculated by annual household income of my parents. So should I tell them to continue doing their applications and then it should update on its own? Or should I get in contact with SFE? If so, how would I get in contact with them?

I did start my application on the 9th of April, so I guess it has been some time.

Please ask your parents to complete the PFF2 form http://ow.ly/d/8pbpm - this can be completed digitally and uploaded in your online account as long as they sign the terms and conditions page.
We will then re assess your application and award the higher amount if you are entitled to it.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Thank you. The link you sent me did not work but I am assuming it is this link: https://www.gov.uk/support-child-or-partners-student-finance-application/if-you-need-to-update-your-details

I have a question about something on the PFF2. On Section 4 question 3 (Did you receive any other taxable income or lump sums?), would a bank/overtime shift be considered here or should this amount be added to section 3 Question 1 (Did you receive any income from salary, wages, taxable state benefits or from occupational or private pensions?) Also, I was just curious if this bank/overtime shift pay affects the amount of maintenance loan I receive? Because I am kind of confused if whether this bank/overtime shift pay is included in an annual income?
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you. The link you sent me did not work but I am assuming it is this link: https://www.gov.uk/support-child-or-partners-student-finance-application/if-you-need-to-update-your-details

I have a question about something on the PFF2. On Section 4 question 3 (Did you receive any other taxable income or lump sums?), would a bank/overtime shift be considered here or should this amount be added to section 3 Question 1 (Did you receive any income from salary, wages, taxable state benefits or from occupational or private pensions?) Also, I was just curious if this bank/overtime shift pay affects the amount of maintenance loan I receive? Because I am kind of confused if whether this bank/overtime shift pay is included in an annual income?

Overtime is part of the salary, yes we need the total gross income which includes overtime payments. You can view the gross income figure by logging into the HMRC website online.

If your household income has dropped by more than 15% then your parent(s) can complete a Current Year Income form to provide their estimated 2021/22 tax year income. If they do this, it's important they update us if their income changes throughout the year because at the end of the tax year we will ask them to provide the actual income they earned with evidence and if their actual income doesn't match the estimated income they provided then it could cause you to be overpaid and be required to pay money back. Your parent(s) can download this form and find out more information by clicking here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/currentyearincome/index.html

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Isaac
Please ask your parents to complete the PFF2 form http://ow.ly/d/8pbpm - this can be completed digitally and uploaded in your online account as long as they sign the terms and conditions page.
We will then re assess your application and award the higher amount if you are entitled to it.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac,

I have completed the PFF2 form and uploaded it onto my account. What will my next steps be? How long would it roughly be to reassess my application and would my account just automatically update if there are any changes? Would I get a notification even if there are no changes made?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Isaac,

I have completed the PFF2 form and uploaded it onto my account. What will my next steps be? How long would it roughly be to reassess my application and would my account just automatically update if there are any changes? Would I get a notification even if there are no changes made?

Please allow up to 6 weeks to be re assessed. After the re assessment your online account will update and you will be able to view your new entitlement letter.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending