Fay713
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So english isn’t my first language i only came to the UK when i was 17 like two year ago anyway i study at college and they told me i need english GCSEs and I really tried soo hard but I’m failing the course and i don’t know why it’s crushing my soul Literally. My grades are are good in everything expect in English GCSE.
Can i drop out of it and take ielts test instead?
Because i know even if I studied for a thousand I wouldn’t pass it i always think i did good but the teacher surprise me and say that I failed the test like wtf
I literally can’t with this
What should i do?
amanikaurr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Firstly, are you completing the GCSE because you are in the school system?

Or are you trying to get your English GCSE for the purposes of higher education or work?
Fay713
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by amanikaurr)
Firstly, are you completing the GCSE because you are in the school system?

Or are you trying to get your English GCSE for the purposes of higher education or work?
I study BTEC level 3 and when I applied for the course they told me i need it
Last edited by Fay713; 1 month ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For university level study usually you are expected to have GCSE English language at a pass if you studied in a UK education system, and IELTS if you are not a native English speaker and have studied for less than a certain number of years in an education system with English as the language of instruction, as I understand.

In terms of work, I'm not too sure. Many employers require a pass in GCSE English language, but IELTS or similar may be sufficient to meet their English language requirements. You would really need to look at individual job listings and/or contact potential employers for that.

I would suggest in the first instance you discuss with your GCSE English teacher why you are struggling and try and pinpoint how you can improve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (34)
35.42%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
9.38%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.17%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (27)
28.13%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (14)
14.58%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (8)
8.33%

Watched Threads