The Student Room Group

Does he just want to sleep with me?

So im taken currently but its distance with the pandemic. A guy I vaguely knew from ages ago texted me, but we have never really spoke before, but he lives close to me. He said the following things to me:

"I wish temporary boyfriends existed so that It would be socially acceptable for me to take you out"

"I really fancy you"

"I don't want your bf in an uncomfortable position but i think we would both benefit from spending time together."

"the first weekend you were single id book us in a b and b together for some lovely time away."

"if u do become single, id definitely love to take you out"

Hes working away for some months soon so he wont be around and admitted that because of that he cant commit but wants to have a nice time for as long as he can before having to leave. Obviously because I am still currently taken i haven't flirted with him, but he said all of this stuff to me. Im confused.
Why is he saying all that to you when you have a boyfriend-and if you have a boyfriend why are you talking to someone who is sending those sorts of messages?
What’s to be confused about.
He clearly doesn’t want any sort of relationship, and he’s happy enough to make those sorts of advances while you are in a relationship. Why do you care what he wants?
Original post by Anonymous
So im taken currently but its distance with the pandemic. A guy I vaguely knew from ages ago texted me, but we have never really spoke before, but he lives close to me. He said the following things to me:

"I wish temporary boyfriends existed so that It would be socially acceptable for me to take you out"

"I really fancy you"

"I don't want your bf in an uncomfortable position but i think we would both benefit from spending time together."

"the first weekend you were single id book us in a b and b together for some lovely time away."

"if u do become single, id definitely love to take you out"

Hes working away for some months soon so he wont be around and admitted that because of that he cant commit but wants to have a nice time for as long as he can before having to leave. Obviously because I am still currently taken i haven't flirted with him, but he said all of this stuff to me. Im confused.

You are young! You are free! If your 'boyfriend' can't commit from the long distance, maybe it's time to tell him that there are other interests looking for you. yOU mut prioritise your intimate life while you still have something about you - the ultimate gift. unless its gone. otherwise just shag him in the bnb and get rid luv xxxxx
Yeah, he 100% just wants to sleep with you. He wouldn’t approach you knowing you have a boyfriend already otherwise.
He sounds like a plank.
Reply 5
Obviously. Set some boundaries and make it clear you are uninterested.
Yes, it sounds like he is looking for a ons or to hookup with you a few times.
He is also encouraging you to dump your bf so he probably wants to ruin your relationship plus have casual sex for as long as is convenient to him.
Guys like that are best avoided, even when single and looking for a ons with a hot guy on tinder.
I have to admit, reading your post I am a little confused myself. This person is clearly not respecting the fact that you are in a relationship and making dim-witted comments to awkwardly show his interest, so instead of making it clear to him that you are not interested, you are asking us if he wants to sleep with you...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
It’s a bit forward. Clearly he fancies the pants off you but it’s highly debatable if it would work out well. Back burner.
Wow why are you even curious? This dude is **** and you know this. Wtf would you ruin your relationship for a ****boy
Tell him to get lost, and if he persists, knock him out.
Original post by GabiAbi84
Why is he saying all that to you when you have a boyfriend-and if you have a boyfriend why are you talking to someone who is sending those sorts of messages?
What’s to be confused about.
He clearly doesn’t want any sort of relationship, and he’s happy enough to make those sorts of advances while you are in a relationship. Why do you care what he wants?

Because me and my bf are very close to a breakup as he hasnt been treating me properly for ages. I havent flirted with this guy, I have just been friendly. Its just he has shown clear interest in some way.
But doesnt he mean like, he wishes temporary boyfriends existed so that he could take me out? Like isnt that a compliment or is he trying to say he wishes I could be single just for a month or so so he could use me or whatever
Wow why are you even curious? This dude is **** and you know this. Wtf would you ruin your relationship for a ****boy

He does seem a bit like it but my bf has been neglecting me and been ruining our relationship himself, and despite talking about the problems he brushes them off as drama so
Because me and my bf are very close to a breakup as he hasnt been treating me properly for ages. I havent flirted with this guy, I have just been friendly. Its just he has shown clear interest in some way.

He does seem a bit like it but my bf has been neglecting me and been ruining our relationship himself, and despite talking about the problems he brushes them off as drama so

It doesn’t sound like either your boyfriend or this other guy are good for you. I feel like the best way forward is to break up, and just move on from both of them.

Quick Reply