Sometimes I feel like my placement don’t understand the pressure im under

Watch
username4882106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As timetables are near full time for trainees I feel my placement don’t understand the pressure im under with work from uni.

I have a learning difficulty and I feel like I just need an extra but if time when it comes to planning lessons but more often than not I feel school are unsympathetic with that.

I’m absolutely under so much pressure. We’ve had uni twice this week because of bank holiday last week and I’m literally drowning and I feel as though school are just kind of not bothered
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your university should be talking to your placement to ensure you have appropriate accommodations as you do with your uni work.
Talk to the disability services to get them to help you
Remember to the placement people, it appears as though you’re just a kid who can’t meet deadlines. You need someone with more authority to do the talking for you
Last edited by WantBeAnonymous; 1 month ago
username4882106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
Your university should be talking to your placement to ensure you have appropriate accommodations as you do with your uni work.
Talk to the disability services to get them to help you
Remember to the placement people, it appears as though you’re just a kid who can’t meet deadlines. You need someone with more authority to do the talking for you
No one does at my uni. I’ve only got 6 weeks left hallelujah and it’s over. Hopefully this goes fast
hotpud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by w678)
As timetables are near full time for trainees I feel my placement don’t understand the pressure im under with work from uni.

I have a learning difficulty and I feel like I just need an extra but if time when it comes to planning lessons but more often than not I feel school are unsympathetic with that.

I’m absolutely under so much pressure. We’ve had uni twice this week because of bank holiday last week and I’m literally drowning and I feel as though school are just kind of not bothered
I am sorry things are hard. But that said, you are going into the world of teaching. On top of your teaching duties, planning, teaching, marking, you will also have additional duties such as writing schemes of work or putting in place interventions and measures to improve outcomes. These will be deadline driven and to a certain extent, there isn't any extra time. The students won't sit around twiddling their fingers whilst you spend "a bit more time" finishing things off.

So to an extent, it is now on you to find methods and ways of being efficient so that you can complete everything you need to do on time. Sorry to sound really harsh, but "Welcome to the real world."
LiamWhiteRose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know that in the past you have asked about lesson turnaround, advising that you send them the day before the lesson. I'm assuming that this is related and that you would have hoped that they could be more relaxed with this when assignments are due?

Unfortunately, your host teachers can't be expected to check a lesson, feedback to you and have you make their suggested changes in 12 hours. That isn't realistic, regardless of the stresses you face outside of school. Whilst you are teaching their classes, they are still responsible for their classes' progress and so should have sufficient time to ensure the content is appropriate/suggested delivery appears that is matches. If they didn't and so didn't spot any problems before the lesson, it would be their neck on the line.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads