samcerse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi! I’m an international student and was wondering do universities give out conditional offer letters too or does my status have to be unconditional on UCAS to receive it?
Thanks
ry7xsfa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by samcerse)
Hi! I’m an international student and was wondering do universities give out conditional offer letters too or does my status have to be unconditional on UCAS to receive it?
Thanks
I didn't get any unconditional offers, so I can't say whether letters are sent for unconditionals, but I didn't receive any physical letters for my conditional offers. Just a status update in UCAS.

I did get a letter from Loughborough when they invited me for an interview, however.
samcerse
Rep:
?
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
I didn't get any unconditional offers, so I can't say whether letters are sent for unconditionals, but I didn't receive any physical letters for my conditional offers. Just a status update in UCAS.

I did get a letter from Loughborough when they invited me for an interview, however.
Ah okay, thanks for the reply! Just asking as I’ve read somewhere that some got their offer letter even though it was conditional...
Romie2479
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You get conditional or unconditional letters which is highlighted on your status in track. That is logged in UCAS, mine originally was conditional, though an error was made and the uni updated and then i got an updated letter with confirmation of unconditional offer I had to accept.

It said 'Congratulations your place at Uni had been confirmed
This letter is official proof of your place – you may wish to print it to keep for your records.
samcerse
Rep:
?
(Original post by Romie2479)
You get conditional or unconditional letters which is highlighted on your status in track. That is logged in UCAS, mine originally was conditional, though an error was made and the uni updated and then i got an updated letter with confirmation of unconditional offer I had to accept.

It said 'Congratulations your place at Uni had been confirmed
This letter is official proof of your place – you may wish to print it to keep for your records.
Thanks for your reply I did get a conditional offer (which I’ve accepted as my 1st choice) but I didn’t receive an actual offer letter (nothing is shown in track), and need it for my accommodation to prove i’m a prospective postgrad.. Maybe I’ll contact my uni to see how to proceed...
Romie2479
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for your reply I did get a conditional offer (which I’ve accepted as my 1st choice) but I didn’t receive an actual offer letter (nothing is shown in track), and need it for my accommodation to prove i’m a prospective postgrad.. Maybe I’ll contact my uni to see how to proceed...
My letter didn't come until about 5 days after I had accepted the conditional and then changed to unconditional. So it could be that.
What does it say on track in the confirmation section?
Romie2479
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My letter didn't come until about 5 days after I had accepted the conditional and then changed to unconditional. So it could be that.
What does it say on track in the confirmation section?
Also what are the conditions of the offer?
redgeek6574
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks
You would get conditional offer letter if you haven't given a specific document or gotten your results yet. So if u submit the required document you'll get an official offer letter
samcerse
Rep:
?
Also what are the conditions of the offer?
I had to send english test results which I already did, and still need to send proof of my Bachelor degree (which I’ll be getting at the end of next month)
ry7xsfa
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
oh! Sorry! I thought you were talking about an actual physical letter lol. I received letters on track too for conditional offers. That's how I knew I received the offer in the first place.
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you need a physical letter (scholarships, bank account, etc) then just ask the Uni - it'll be very straightforward.
samcerse
Rep:
?
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
oh! Sorry! I thought you were talking about an actual physical letter lol. I received letters on track too for conditional offers. That's how I knew I received the offer in the first place.
It’s fine! Yeah, looks like I’m going to have to contact the Uni then Thanks for your help
samcerse
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
If you need a physical letter (scholarships, bank account, etc) then just ask the Uni - it'll be very straightforward.
Thanks a lot! I’ll ask them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads