The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin muslims starting ??

Okay this sounds so weird but I was just wondering if any Muslims are gonna start at Anglia Ruskin this September ? I’m a Muslim girl and gonna be doing Optometry and idk I just have this unsupported perception that I’m gonna be one of only very few Muslims who are gonna be there ?? I don’t acc have any evidence I guess it’s just cuz it’s not a larger city uni, eg Manchester or Sheffield etc, I just feel like it’s not too diverse but not too sure. It wouldn’t be too much of an issue it’s just that I like to have some friends that I identify w a bit more and all and just some ppl to hang w when everyone’s partying and drinking yk ??

Scroll to see replies

Heyyy I am . Just accepted an offer . I feel the same I haven’t heard much about diversity and I need it since I’ve lived in London all my life 😂😂. Hopefully there are others
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Okay this sounds so weird but I was just wondering if any Muslims are gonna start at Anglia Ruskin this September ? I’m a Muslim girl and gonna be doing Optometry and idk I just have this unsupported perception that I’m gonna be one of only very few Muslims who are gonna be there ?? I don’t acc have any evidence I guess it’s just cuz it’s not a larger city uni, eg Manchester or Sheffield etc, I just feel like it’s not too diverse but not too sure. It wouldn’t be too much of an issue it’s just that I like to have some friends that I identify w a bit more and all and just some ppl to hang w when everyone’s partying and drinking yk ??

Heyyy I am . Just accepted an offer . I feel the same I haven’t heard much about diversity and I need it since I’ve lived in London all my life 😂😂. Hopefully there are others
Reply 3
Ah lol it feels so good to know tho :smile: So glad I’m not the only one haha
Reply 4
Are anyone of you planning to live on campus or commute to anglia
Well I live in London so I have to commute 😂😂 but if anyone is planning to carpool I’m down
Reply 6
Well I live in London so I have to commute 😂😂 but if anyone is planning to carpool I’m down

Original post by SM225
Are anyone of you planning to live on campus or commute to anglia

I’m planning on living in accommodation, probably a studio I reckon
Reply 7
I’m planning on living in accommodation, probably a studio I reckon

Smart 😂. Don’t know much about the Chelmsford area so I guess I shall see .
Reply 8
Ah man my ones in Cambridge - but yeah a studio just cuz I like my own space and plus all the flats were mixed gender lol and idk. Kinda worried it’ll be harder to make friends w a studio but hopefully it’ll just work out
Reply 9
Ah man my ones in Cambridge - but yeah a studio just cuz I like my own space and plus all the flats were mixed gender lol and idk. Kinda worried it’ll be harder to make friends w a studio but hopefully it’ll just work out

Good luck !!!
Original post by SM225
Good luck !!!

Hi have you found any accommodation? I'm also a Muslim girl coming to Anglia Ruskin to study optometry. I'm looking for accommodation. Wondering if you've found anything?
Reply 12
Hey ! I applied to a diff course in the end at the Cambridge campus but yeah I just opted for a studio however I remember last time I talked to one called Anglia house which is private accommodation and they said they had a flat for four in which there were 3 girls already staying. They’re second years now but apparently they’re quite nice so u could try there ? It also says in the website if u request an all girls flatthey may be able to sort something out for ya, subject to availability:smile:
Reply 13
Okay this sounds so weird but I was just wondering if any Muslims are gonna start at Anglia Ruskin this September ? I’m a Muslim girl and gonna be doing Optometry and idk I just have this unsupported perception that I’m gonna be one of only very few Muslims who are gonna be there ?? I don’t acc have any evidence I guess it’s just cuz it’s not a larger city uni, eg Manchester or Sheffield etc, I just feel like it’s not too diverse but not too sure. It wouldn’t be too much of an issue it’s just that I like to have some friends that I identify w a bit more and all and just some ppl to hang w when everyone’s partying and drinking

Original post by Aaliyahseeds
Hi have you found any accommodation? I'm also a Muslim girl coming to Anglia Ruskin to study optometry. I'm looking for accommodation. Wondering if you've found anything?

Heyy, I thought I would be the only Muslim girl there too, feels good to know that other Muslim girls are attending ARU 😊I’m also going to be studying optom, also looking for accommodation 😬
Reply 14

Is the studio in campus or is it owned by a third party? Also not to comfortable with the whole mixed gender dormitories/flats
Original post by Z836250
Is the studio in campus or is it owned by a third party? Also not to comfortable with the whole mixed gender dormitories/flats

It’s off campus private a lil pricey but pretty nice. Cambridge accomm is so expensive compared to other unis ugh
Reply 16
It’s off campus private a lil pricey but pretty nice. Cambridge accomm is so expensive compared to other unis ugh

Is it within close range to campus? The accommodations aren’t even all that for what they’re worth loool
Literally ! It’s acc a joke fr. yeah it’s pretty close like a 10-15 min walk away
Reply 18
Literally ! It’s acc a joke fr. yeah it’s pretty close like a 10-15 min walk away

That’s a good distance, if you don’t mind me asking are you from London or else where? I literally know no one that’s going to ARU from where I’m from 😬😂
Original post by Z836250
That’s a good distance, if you don’t mind me asking are you from London or else where? I literally know no one that’s going to ARU from where I’m from 😬😂

lol nah not from London is that where ur from then ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending