The Student Room Group

Unis Germany V UK/ Work culture

Hi, I need some help.
I'm at the stage where I need to make a decision about which uni I want to go to. My options are either KCL or somewhere like LMU Munich (a uni like that), and I've heard different things. Everyone tells me English unis are better, but I've heard in reality they work you to death and don't promote you as much/ the work culture isn't great (very pub oriented, not my kind of thing). On paper, I guess German unis might be a bit weaker, but you might earn greater salaries, but for certain you work less/ the work culture is better.
This is what I've heard and I'm confused about what to pick/ choose, I just don't know what is true what isn't.
If anyone has gone through the same situation, what did you pick? Do you regret it?
Thanks in advance for all the help!
Thanks a lot! The thing is I have no idea what To want to do. Probably commercial, and I don’t mind having to study a bit longer etc. Language isn’t a problem as well. Each way I don’t mind the studying. What I’m ineterested in is the long term and iI do graduate whether I’ll be working a dead end job for long hours in England for example, when in Germany it might be better. I know either way I’m gonna have to bust my ass if I become a lawyer dw xD but interested whether the quality of life/ salary is truly greater in one rather than in the other. Thanks again for all the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending