offered full time temp job in Exeter over the summer

Watch
funkymonkey123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
okay so this is my first post and I don't really know how this works. BUT basically, I've been offered a really good job at John Lewis starting in a couple of weeks. however, it's a 12 week contract and I'm only at uni for 4 more weeks... you're probably thinking oh why did you take it then - but I didn't realise logistic wise how hard it would be to stay here over the summer, along with the fact it will be lonely and isolating, away from family and friends I don't know what to do because I've already accepted the job and it is very good - I can do it for the first 4 weeks but then my uni accompanied contract ends. Could I just quit after 4 weeks? I don't know if I should be honest to the person who recruited me or not, because then they'll probably just say they don't want me
OmarRenga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by funkymonkey123)
okay so this is my first post and I don't really know how this works. BUT basically, I've been offered a really good job at John Lewis starting in a couple of weeks. however, it's a 12 week contract and I'm only at uni for 4 more weeks... you're probably thinking oh why did you take it then - but I didn't realise logistic wise how hard it would be to stay here over the summer, along with the fact it will be lonely and isolating, away from family and friends I don't know what to do because I've already accepted the job and it is very good - I can do it for the first 4 weeks but then my uni accompanied contract ends. Could I just quit after 4 weeks? I don't know if I should be honest to the person who recruited me or not, because then they'll probably just say they don't want me
If you don't wan to/can't stay for the full duration, I'd just work there for the 4 weeks and then quit. I don't think they'd really care and they'd be able to get another person to fill the position pretty quickly. The best thing (morally), to do would just be to tell them now, but then you risk them denying you the position for someone that would work for the whole duration. You should probably read the contract and see what it says about quitting.
funkymonkey123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by OmarRenga)
If you don't wan to/can't stay for the full duration, I'd just work there for the 4 weeks and then quit. I don't think they'd really care and they'd be able to get another person to fill the position pretty quickly. The best thing (morally), to do would just be to tell them now, but then you risk them denying you the position for someone that would work for the whole duration. You should probably read the contract and see what it says about quitting.
Thank you so much for the reply. I haven't actually been given a contract though, so I'm not sure how to find out about that. Not sure if they were planning on giving it to me on my start date or what... just feel like I'm in a difficult position and don't know whether to be honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (31)
37.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
27.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (10)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads