The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application

Hi, I have applied to Student Finance as an independent student, however, it looks like not eligible. My application for the basic maintenance loan has been approved though (£4422). Do I need to cancel this one and reapply to include my parents' household income?

Also, when I reapply in my 2nd year, can I then apply for independent status student finance? I will be able to provide 36 months of paychecks by then as I am working up until I go to uni.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Also, I went on the student finance calculator. My parents and my own income combined will not change the amount I get, as it looks like I will still get £4422. Will I need to declare our income even if there's no point as it won't give me anything more than what I have been approved for?
Original post by vhoilok
Hi, I have applied to Student Finance as an independent student, however, it looks like not eligible. My application for the basic maintenance loan has been approved though (£4422). Do I need to cancel this one and reapply to include my parents' household income?

Also, when I reapply in my 2nd year, can I then apply for independent status student finance? I will be able to provide 36 months of paychecks by then as I am working up until I go to uni.

Thanks!

Hi there,

No you don't need to cancel, please ask your parents to complete the PFF2 form http://ow.ly/d/8pbp - they can upload this in your online account as long as they sign the terms and conditions page.

Yes you can apply if/when you meet the criteria http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

Also, I went on the student finance calculator. My parents and my own income combined will not change the amount I get, as it looks like I will still get £4422. Will I need to declare our income even if there's no point as it won't give me anything more than what I have been approved for
If they earn over the 62k threshold then you won't be entitled to anymore than the basic so they won't need to provide their details.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending