The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

failed dissertation

I have spent 4 years at uni and last year i was meant to finish my degree, I failed my disso and have only gotten a response back now that i can redo my disso but it will be capped at 40%. will that mean i will have to apply for student finance to cover me for this module. i am worried because ive already used up my 4 years
you get the duration of your course plus one year - this could be 5 years. have you spent 4 years studying a 4 year course, or 4 years studying a 3 year course with the extra 1 year already used?

if you're the former, you can apply for another year, else you have to fund it yourself
(edited 2 years ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
you get the duration of your course plus one year - this could be 5 years. have you spent 4 years studying a 4 year course, or 4 years studying a 3 year course with the extra 1 year already used?

if you're the former, you can apply for another year, else you have to fund it yourself

I have spent 4 years on a 3 year course with an extra year already used
Original post by joesyboy4kt
I have spent 4 years on a 3 year course with an extra year already used

then there's your answer

can you move back home to save money to fund it?
Why did you fail your dissertation? Is there any way you can get it reviewed or an extension or something?
Reply 5
Original post by HoldThisL
then there's your answer

can you move back home to save money to fund it?

i think that might be the plan
Reply 6
Original post by Googley_eyes
Why did you fail your dissertation? Is there any way you can get it reviewed or an extension or something?

plagiarism unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending