The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kathy89
Was is not fair, sometimes there are more deaths on one side, especially when civilians are used as human shields.
You still fail to make your point mate.

Shush man, reject US funding and we’ll see if your truly Gods chosen people.
During the three kingdoms period of China, the famous leader Cao Cao of Wei was going against the popular opinion and wanted to change China for the greater good. At the time, everyone despised Cao Cao. The people's hatred for Cao Cao encouraged a poet to write bad things about Cao Cao in a scroll. When Cao Cao recieved the scroll, he simply said "Without an army, what is the good use of a scholar's pen?"

Why am I saying this? because what are you people going to do when you pick a side of a conflict that has nothing to do with you, a conflict far away from where you live. You all waste time on the issue yet you do nothing about it. You just write words, the **** is that going to accomplish?

I love Israel, but the more news on it I see, the more I just forget about it. I don't condone what they're doing at the moment, but they do have a right to defend themselves against Hamas. They don't have a right to kill innocents however. Nor do the Palestinians. It's two nations fighting over what? land? and then the media biases its opinions over who are the "Good guys" or "bad guys".

Either take action or go home
Original post by PakScarz
Shush man, reject US funding and we’ll see if your truly Gods chosen people.

Dude, I don't care who who is Gods chosen people, I'm not the one who is taking the funding and I'm not the one in charge of the politics here...

I am a pro peace person. I have a lot of Arab friends and colleagues and from what I saw during my army service I know the civilians in Gaza don't want war either, it is the politicians (on both sides) that want this war.
Original post by Kathy89
Dude, I don't care who who is Gods chosen people, I'm not the one who is taking the funding and I'm not the one in charge of the politics here...

I am a pro peace person. I have a lot of Arab friends and colleagues and from what I saw during my army service I know the civilians in Gaza don't want war either, it is the politicians (on both sides) that want this war.

Okay goodnight, I sleeb 😴.
Reply 24
My general view is that both sides should live at peace and have their justice whilst the wrongdoers should be held accountable on both sides but I just hear so many views that I don’t know how I should think about it or what history is true . I see pro Israel people especially conservative pro trump support Israel whilst others are pro Palestine . Are both sides equally doing wrong things to each other or is Palestine just defending itself or is Israel the only bad side?
Reply 25
Original post by _np02_
My general view is that both sides should live at peace and have their justice whilst the wrongdoers should be held accountable on both sides but I just hear so many views that I don’t know how I should think about it or what history is true . I see pro Israel people especially conservative pro trump support Israel whilst others are pro Palestine . Are both sides equally doing wrong things to each other or is Palestine just defending itself or is Israel the only bad side?

Israel is definitely not the 'bad' side. Palestine has launched over 200 rockets at Israel today alone and has always been the first to resort to using missiles/rockets, usually targeted at densely populated areas such as Tel Aviv rather than military bases. Whilst I don't agree with Israeli policies concerning the West Bank and claiming land from there, the situation of Palestinians is not the fault of pretty much any Israeli alive today. Many surrounding countries have also blockaded Palestine, most notably Egypt, which has built barriers all along the Gaza strip. I don't think that Palestinians will ever be able to get any Israeli territory, the same way Hungary and Germany will not be able to just claim back former territories from Romania and Poland respectively. Clearly a solution needs to be found, but the current Palestinian policy of firing rockets to get attention is pretty pointless and they lose a lot of sympathy from Israelis and surrounding countries
Reply 26
Original post by Luka9
Israel is definitely not the 'bad' side.

Apart from that small matter of taking land off people who had lived their for centauries because God decreed they could live there, and the fact that they do everything they can to ensure Palestine is not recognised as a state, even though Israel was only formed in 1948. Or that they massively limit what and who can go in and out of the Gaza strip making it more or less into a prison for those who live there.

But apart from that, yes, they are squeaky clean.

That said, we shouldn't just blame the Israelis. Is is just one of a long line of world f*** ups overseen by the Brits.
Reply 27
Original post by Kathy89
I don't know if it worth replying, but since I already wrote it I will post it.
I don't like arguing as it never leads anywhere so if it becomes an argument and not a discussion I'd stop replying.

Well, I guess 2 years in the IDF medical unit, half a year of them near Gaza and the rest in a medical facility in a city. Yes I know very little about it.

No, it certainly gives you a biassed view of the thing though :lol: I'm curious, were you part of the group who ran out civillians with a bulldozer, shot children in the back of the head or?

The bases that placed in or near the cities are either headquarters, army medical facilities, logistic facilities or air defense bases to defend these cities from bombs. The combat units and training facilities are placed as far as possible from cities. By the way, they are planning to move the headquarters away from cities too.

You could just say you agree, it would be simpler.

Unlike Hamas, IDF do not fire weapons on civilians from cities, the airforce and combat unit bases are far from cities. So the rockets Hamas and Jihad are lunching are not targeting air force bases not they target combat unit bases, nor even the headquarters, they target cities. IDF is trying to bomb areas where rockets where lunched from and houses of Hamas leaders and activists.

Please dont lie, especially when it is quite so clear it is a lie. Israel military doctrine is quite clear in its targeting of civillians as means of exerting pressure. The fact you dont know this makes me rather doubt your claim to have ever been in the IDF.

I am not a fan of the method they are doing it and I think it is not effective and only make things worse but honestly I can't think of another solution and it is not my place to do that.

Not shooting civillians and stealing their homes would be a good start..

I've spent enough time near Gaza to see both sides. We were treating injured civilians from Gaza as well as injured Israeli soldiers. No one except the government on both sides really want this war.

That is something we can agree on. Although to ignore the Arab anger at being treated as dirt by the Israelis is myopic. Merely look at the comments by the Mayor od Lod on the matter.
Original post by Napp
No, it certainly gives you a biassed view of the thing though :lol: I'm curious, were you part of the group who ran out civillians with a bulldozer, shot children in the back of the head or?

No. I was actually part of a medical unit treating injured soldiers and injured civilians (Palestinian civilians).
Reply 29
Original post by hotpud
Apart from that small matter of taking land off people who had lived their for centauries because God decreed they could live there, and the fact that they do everything they can to ensure Palestine is not recognised as a state, even though Israel was only formed in 1948. Or that they massively limit what and who can go in and out of the Gaza strip making it more or less into a prison for those who live there.

But apart from that, yes, they are squeaky clean.

That said, we shouldn't just blame the Israelis. Is is just one of a long line of world f*** ups overseen by the Brits.

Yes but ‘they’ from the 1940s are no longer alive today. There’s now generations of Israelis who have an Israeli identity and were born and raised on that land. You can’t blame any Israelis today for that at all, it would be like blaming you (if you’re British) for war crimes in previous colonies.
On the point about the Gaza Strip, Egypt has blockaded Gaza and also a lot of the neighbours around Palestine are quite hostile to it, most likely due to Hamas and his terrorist policies.
Israelis and Palestinians actually lived rather peacefully for a time until the Palestinian Authority started sponsoring terrorist activities such as assassinating the Israeli Olympic team at the Munich olympics and murdering Jewish Palestinians.
Sigh, both Israel and Palestine will never learn, will them? how long this conflict is going on now? over 40 years? I don't think to witness ever a solution for this struggle in the long run.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Kathy89
Was is not fair, sometimes there are more deaths on one side, especially when civilians are used as human shields.
You still fail to make your point mate.

Exactly. It’s beyond me how no one ever talks about this. The greatest injustices are being committed by the Palestinian regime
Reply 32
Original post by Luka9
Exactly. It’s beyond me how no one ever talks about this. The greatest injustices are being committed by the Palestinian regime

:rofl: :rofl:
The fact you think there's 1 government in "Palestine" rather tells us what you know of the matter.
Reply 33
Original post by Napp
:rofl: :rofl:
The fact you think there's 1 government in "Palestine" rather tells us what you know of the matter.

In this context, I was talking specifically about Gaza. You don’t know anything about me or where I come from so I find your comment rather funny tbh
Reply 34
Original post by Luka9
In this context, I was talking specifically about Gaza. You don’t know anything about me or where I come from so I find your comment rather funny tbh

Sure you were.
Thats nice i guess? :lol:
Reply 35
Original post by Napp
Sure you were.
Thats nice i guess? :lol:

Lol I find it funny that you want me to make the distinction between the Hamas and Fatah governments. Is it because the former doesn’t quite fit your agenda?
Reply 36
Original post by Luka9
Lol I find it funny that you want me to make the distinction between the Hamas and Fatah governments. Is it because the former doesn’t quite fit your agenda?

So you dont know what an agenda is?
Always entertaining talking to children or, indeed, first years on such topics where they think theyre aware of what happens in the world, let alone here.
Suffice it to say seeing as you havent actually made any point outside of 'you have an "agenda"' i'll let you continue to stew about how Palestinians should all be exterminated on your own.
Reply 37
Original post by Napp
So you dont know what an agenda is?
Always entertaining talking to children or, indeed, first years on such topics where they think theyre aware of what happens in the world, let alone here.
Suffice it to say seeing as you havent actually made any point outside of 'you have an "agenda"' i'll let you continue to stew about how Palestinians should all be exterminated on your own.

You made an example because I didn’t explicitly differentiate between the Hamas government in Gaza and the Fatah government in the West Bank. So I am wondering if that’s because Hamas use militant/terrorist tactics, that you don’t want them to be associated with the ‘free Palestine’ movement? I haven’t called for the extermination of anyone, unlike the original Hamas Charter…
Reply 38
Original post by Luka9
You made an example because I didn’t explicitly differentiate between the Hamas government in Gaza and the Fatah government in the West Bank. So I am wondering if that’s because Hamas use militant/terrorist tactics, that you don’t want them to be associated with the ‘free Palestine’ movement? I haven’t called for the extermination of anyone, unlike the original Hamas Charter…

The charter calls for the elimination of a state, not people.. there is a difference whether you want to ignore that or not.
I dont really care who theyre associated with, although in many ways theyre better than the corrupt cliche in Fatah. Merely pointing out that you shouldnt conflate two completely different things.
No, you just applaud the bombing of civillians, say they have it coming and a few other choice, charming comments.
Reply 39
Original post by Napp
The charter calls for the elimination of a state, not people.. there is a difference whether you want to ignore that or not.
I dont really care who theyre associated with, although in many ways theyre better than the corrupt cliche in Fatah. Merely pointing out that you shouldnt conflate two completely different things.
No, you just applaud the bombing of civillians, say they have it coming and a few other choice, charming comments.

The original Hamas Covenant called for the elimination of Jews actually, not ‘Israel’. The new Charter does however not explicitly incite genocide so we must give Hamas credit for that I suppose.
Why would anyone call for the elimination of people from their own homeland? That isn’t acceptable under international law these days.

Latest

Trending

Trending