The Student Room Group

Advice on friendship problems

This person drove herself out of a previous friendship due to being over sensitive, controlling and having to be in every situation so as not to be left out (as well as the others being slightly toxic). After this, my friendship group accepted and welcomed them to be kind. As time has gone on, this person has not moved on and is starting to drive a wedge between the group. Some of us are starting to get fed up with their issues, and annoying nature.
Also, we have been planning a week away for about a year, and suddenly one of the group invited her to come. Naturally, it is starting to get tiresome.

Don't want to be horrible or offensive, but can't think of any other solution to this situation. Advice, please!
I had something similar to this, but my friend was a ‘user’ she would use you when she cant find her other friends and then ditch you as soon as she finds them.
My other friends decided to ignore her completely, and she didn’t get the message, she still hung out. So I sacrificed my self for my friends and started hanging out with her separately and taking her away from my friends, she used to get on my nerves, so the best way to get the message out to her was through ‘jokes’. I would make jokes about how she drove them away and what she did made them mad. She slowly understood, yes she was a little hurt, but we laughed it out. Now she’s still their acquaintance, and a really close friend of mine now.
So make some silly jokes with this person, and throw some hints, but don't get too carried away or you might hurt them.
Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending